POLITICS The Biden Transition

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Need to get this one rolling and moving on from the mess of Trumpism.

I will say, thus far, the handful of Biden nominees for his cabinet suggest a person with a predilection for competent folks in the department they are chosen to lead over cronyism, notoriety or friendship considerations, a refreshing change. The picks seem to reflect a desire to include a variety of views within the Democratic Party from the moderates to the progressives without picking anyone too far in the spectrum. There's still a lot of spots to fill, so we'll see if this continues, but I do like the measured choices by Biden in his first few picks. If he starts picking guys like Kasich and Emmanuel, then we might have a bit more controversy and furor from the left wing of the party.

If this continues, I wonder if Biden might be the bland grandfatherly type needed for the moment, even if very few on either side are super excited by him. However, after multiple administrations of energetic change mixed with energetic opposition, a calm period might be in order with Biden, or, at least, as much as one could possible expect in this particular era.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I hope he does well and this country and its people can move forward together.
    Hope.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He won't do badly. Senate can cockblock anything that they deem too awful. He is the milquetoast guy that you just cannot get mad at and hopefully in 4 years we will all have calmed down enough to have a legitimate discourse without the memes and sarcasm and yelling past each other.

Ssmiff likes this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Biden will do fine. He is the new president so I wish him well and hope he succeeds. I hope once we get out of this pandemic we can get back on track economically like we were before it happened and build on that.

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Given Joe’s “questionable” foreign policy positions over the past 5 decades he needs a strong NatSec team. Blinken is a rather underwhelming choice as SoS.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Really wanted dimon, but I think yellen will be a good treasury secretary.

Definitely going old school, ivy league, good ol boy network with his picks.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm glad he is making his picks and not getting bullied into a cabinet he doesn't really want.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Bernie Sanders as Labor Secretary would be an interesting pick.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

you have to understand, the dementia and puppet of the far left stuff was always mularkey. he's plenty sharp to be his own man.

Unimane likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

there are signals that he won't pull anyone from the senate because he thinks he needs all hands on deck there, strength of personality wise

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If he was tactical, he'd nominate two R senators from states with D governors.

And if they accepted, boom, control of the senate.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I still think he's got something going on health wise (most mid 70's people do)but the far left puppet stuff is bullshit.

zehr27 likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol

A-Smith likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

their influence in general is greatly exaggerated for political effect. And they even say so.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

When is the last time someone in a high position of political authority talked about loving your neighbor? Feels right.

16. Ssmiff

Good to hear. Similar shoulda been said during the hatefilled last 4 years from the Dem side. Guess thats another difference between winning and losing. Love your neighbor if you win, burn it down if you lose.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Trump won and never left burn it down mode. He'd still be President if he had realized that the day after election day in 2016

SetVol13 likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Be awesome if he can actually lower the temperature and 2024 feels more like 1996 political climate-wise. Obviously I'm skeptical.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Senate and a 6-3 court will quickly sour the hope.

20. Ssmiff

Trumps an idiot. I simply find irony in all the come together stuff now, from a side who called their neighbor who voted differently every name in the book for years and had no interest in coming together at all. Winning changes things

Indy and A-Smith like this.