The debate seems to have ended

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by O+W=H., Oct 22, 2012.

1. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

My impression is even Derek's defenders now know the verdict is in. All those crimson shirts in the stands pretty much iced it.

To Haslam, Thunder et al... I say this. Choose wisely. It's way past time to get this right.

Personally, I'd pass on Gruden. If they go that way, and it works, I'll be happy to be wrong.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why would you pass on Gruden?

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

UT has to take a big swing and get out of the conventional up and comer/Coordinator type. Even with a big swing there is some unknown, but that is what its gonna take.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Interesting position. You'd really pass if be wanted the job? Who would you prefer instead?

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They got it right four years ago. Pete Carroll had to go and ruin it

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Get out of what? When have we hired "the conventional up and comer/Coordinator" type? Are you talking about Fulmer?

?

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Gruden is the closest option to being "can't miss."

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I'm all in on Gruden until the news says he's all out.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yeah, I doubt UT would be kicking FG's, down by 34 if Kiffin were still here. First, they wouldn't be down by 34 and sure as hell wouldn't kick FG's in that situation.

10. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

always thought Herm Edwards would be a good leader for a college team.

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

By miles.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I guess Hamilton was convinced by Muschamp that Dooley was an up and comer, except for the part were everyone had to Google his name first.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

fyp

14. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

put tenny in Gruden camp...

15. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Hiring Herm Edwards as your head coach would be taking a way bigger risk than picking Gruden. I think Edwards could be a decent college coach, but it would be a unconventional hire. If it comes down to a name like that, just give me Charlie Strong.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not so subtle racist post.

17. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

I think that conversation went like this (assuming the rumors at the time that Muschamp had accepted)...

Mike Hamilton: Thanks for accepting the job, Will! It pays $2 million a year.
    Will Muschamp: $2 million! Pfffft! The only person you can get to coach your team for that little is [ddiapos]!!!

Dooley was signed the next day... ;)

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I blame Jack Del Rio

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I choose to believe this is accurate

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

A win over South Carolina and the debate is back on. That's why I'd like to see the decision made immediately.