The Dreaded Yips

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Sep 4, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That happens with our ace. Of course she had several games with a ton of strikeouts: 19 (2), 18, 17 (3), 15 (5+) etc....

That's a good problem to have though.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Uh, coach, our right fielder seems to have taken a lawn chair out with her. What should I do?"

"Tell her to do her homework while is waiting to bat."

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love that Bob Gibson used to tell the guys on the team they'd be out of there in two hours.

4. NorrisAlan

FYP. You Cardinal bastards.

That said, if I had one game on the line where my life was in the balance, his ass would be on the mound for me.

5. CardinalVol

As would most sane people.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

There's an umpire in the Tri-cities area that used to walk directly passed me when I was warming up in the pens before the game. Each time I tell him to open up the zone and I would have him back at home in 1:45.

When he sees me now, he always reminds me and whoever he is umpiring with that day that I always kept my promise.

7. CardinalVol

There is no need - none - for the average 9 inning baseball game to go over 3 hours.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exactly.

9. NorrisAlan

Tell that to MLB.

10. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

11. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I would watch more baseball if the games were shorter, and they were allowed to swing composite bats.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the wood bat is a thing of beauty

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We had a pitcher that killed a million worms and a dozen buzzards throwing to first if on the off chance she fielded a ball- that's with 60' bases. It was terrible. We finally told her to throw it over like an underhanded fastball.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Over prime Doc Gooden and Sandy Koufax?

15. kidbourbon

16. NorrisAlan

In a one game, if I lose I am killed situation? Yes. I take Gibson all day every day.

17. kidbourbon

The brain is a powerful thing.

18. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I've not seen it too much until I started coaching softball. We also have a pitcher that cannot throw from the circle to home plate overhanded. Can you believe that shit? She pitches!! To home plate!! But she can't field a ball and throw overhanded to make a play at home. In practice, literally yesterday, I hit her 10 ground balls and she threw 10/10 either in the dirt or wide left/right and uncatchable. Unbelievable.

19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Have her throw from a kneeling position.

:hi: