The Fulmer Stories and Low Scale Restaurants Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 18, 2017.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hate?

Hypothetically, you can have the glazed donut or a fig newton. You're going newton?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Powdered donut good? Just **** the glaze? Or **** donuts in general?

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Is the donut fresh out of the oven? Only way it's even a contest.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Forgot about Perkins! I worked third years ago and we'd often hit Perkins after work. I remember those raspberry cream muffins.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The glaze, they put too much of that shit on there.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

My attempt to catch up in this thread..

1) My family were very frequent visitors of Ryans during my childhood in Memphis. They have all gone out of business here.

2)Many memories of the Waffle House and #1 China Buffet of PaperMill during college.

3) Fulmer almost pancaked me as we both came the opposite way around a corner in Stokeley one time.

4) I worked in the AD when his middle daughter was on the diving team. Really nice girl. The older one I met after college when she was working with D1 sports. Seemed nice as well.

5) Lastly, the ole Shoney's in West Knoxville. My father was a Shoney's fan. My parents came up to Knoxville to help me move after graduation. We left in the AM and dad decided we should hit up that Shoney's as we leave town. No sooner than he took his last bite, he starts to feel sick. Rushes to the bathroom and as soon as he lowers his pants, it just happened. Destroyed the stall. I walked in to take a leak and the look of embarrassment was once I won't forget. My mom and I bring it up at least once a year...lol

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's not enough glaze until you have legit concerns of contracting diabetes from the first bite.

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Bonanza was our "fancy" night out as kids, I had forgotten about it until I came across a match book from the one in town in my dad's workshop. Back then sitting in the smoking section with your kids wasn't a big deal.

We also did American Steakhouse, which was a low rent Bonanza, but the pudding and jello were the cat's ass for us kids.

9. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Good depth chart, I personally put Bob Evans above all of them though.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The only thing that has ever done this to me was a country fried steak from cracker barrel

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's it. Love it. The soup they serve is amazing.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dd over kk here.

Is that new duck donuts any good?

Still prefer Richy Kreme in maryville above all.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When in doubt, go with the better half.

For another topic, but I need to pick your brain about something. Whenever I meet a young man about to get married for the first time, I always give him Alan's Three Rules to a Happy Marriage. But I am not sure they would apply to a gay marriage! So I need something to say to any gay couples I meet.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There was a Blue Plate downtown in my day.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What kind of twisted mind thinks this?

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Parenting right.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My grandfather did that every single time. He didn't go into a restaurant without walking out with something. If he went to a fast food restaurant, he'd leave with a pocket full of napkins and ketchup packets.
    Last time I was in there, it wasn't edible. My go to shitty Chinese buffet is the joint on Chapman Hwy.
    He's obviously a man that appreciates the finer things in life. Only heathens and Butch supporters prefer IHOP OVER WF.
    I'm pretty sure my 3 year old son would kill me if it meant he got to eat at Wasabi's every night for dinner.
    KK for glazed. DD for everything else.

19. Tenacious D

PM me your location, please.

20. Tenacious D

Emory or Callahan?

If Emory, you meant to say the Halls exit, right?