The hell is "the cylinder" if that cat wasn't in it?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 12, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Starting a thread so this doesn't get forgotten or lost after this win. Look at that replay. feet interlocked, head over the back shoulder, but on review with 2 officials and the ability to FREEZE TIME they determine that the cat wasn't in Vescovi's cylinder? Draw me a diagram how that [uck fay]ing works. I want an answer from the NCAA and SEC. THE [uck fay] ARE THE RULES?

Don't let this stuff just get forgotten or ignored. It was a bail out and it is bullshit.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've never heard about this cylinder before today, but if it exists, having your [uck fay]ing face over a players foot would seem to indicate you were in it.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

My biggest gripe is he was mauled before it even got to that.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That call would have gone up there with Jabar Gaffeny “catching” a game winning touchdown against us had we somehow ended up losing. Nevermind the fact Santi was fouled twice before committing the “charge”

5. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

Rule 4, Section 39, Article 1c. The space that a player may legally occupy is defined by an imaginary cylinder surrounding the player and which extends from the floor to as far above the player as he can jump or extend his arms and body. The diameter of the cylinder shall not extend beyond the hands/arms on the front (the arms bent at the elbow), the buttocks on the back and the legs on the sides. These dimensions may vary according to the height and size of the player.

Rule 4, Section 39, Article 1k. The offensive player must be allowed enough space to make a normal basketball play. The defense may not invade the vertical space of the offense and make illegal contact when the offensive player is attempting a normal basketball play. A normal basketball play in this context includes shooting, passing, dribbling or pivoting.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So pivoting into the defender was clearly a foul according to these refs.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

There are 3-4 teams in the country that get that kind of call. We were playing one of them today. Thank god we’re a significantly better team.

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

[uck fay] Kentucky AND the refs they rode in on.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

The ref from mid court came and and signaled foul the other way after Adams made the offensive foul call. He was shocked it was so bad that he tried to override him before it stuck.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Santi has become quite a rebounder

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Teach them to lay their cheek on the on the back shoulder blade of the ball handler, and they have become the best [uck fay]ing defender in the whole world.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

More important question is how in the hell is Pat Adams still a ref?

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was a damn war crime, Card.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Maybe he'll just quit since he couldn't change the outcome of the game.

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

He only gets paid if they win. You know what they say ... "horseshoes and handgrenades".

16. CardinalVol

His call last night late in the game where he completely missed to UK guy stepping out of bounds with the ball was as Pat Adams as you can get.

Indy likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

Funny thing is Cats fans hate him as much as we do.

I don't think he's good enough to be biased.

justingroves likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is exactly what I said to my mother when she called after the game. They hate him too, and he is so bad that even if he does have a bias it wouldn't matter.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I know Jack shit about basketball and really don't care for the sport. But even I know that call was a complete bullshit call.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Kentucky fans online are melting about the whistle today as if they didn't call twice as many fouls on us overall. Love it.