The Holly Warlick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 25, 2016.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

All hail our ovarian overload.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This "run" will now forever be cited anytime there is discussion of firing a coach that is historically underperforming at Tennessee. So we can look forward to that.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

While the regular season sucked ass, I have to give credit for making the elite eight.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Weren't we preseason top 5? There aren't 7 other schools that come close to what UT has in women's ball. This would be like Notre Dame dropping down a level in football and being satisfied just having made the playoffs.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not personally satisfied at all. One run into the tourney doesn't wash away the stink of the last three year down turn. But I do give credit.

Now, they win this next game and make the final four, I will be extremely satisfied. The women's game doesn't translate to the men's game because of the lack of depth, so I would hope cooler heads would see this is not some mandate to never fire a coach.

Hhahaha, who am I kidding.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You guys are using a lot of words about this

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Seeing this as an apt opportunity, I just want to quickly interject this: I legit hope that they win the whole damned thing.

I neither hate Holly Warlick nor Tennessee's women's basketball team, at all.

If you put two frogs on a line and one is wearing orange, that's my frog.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I haven't even seen a game this year. Just commenting on another example that represents the dumpster fire that is our AD.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

In this scenario, I hope the other frog is named Geno and ****s your frog up while all of the elderly butchish frogs in the stands cry foul.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The pathway is wide open for the ladies to waltz into the finals with the draw giving them a very manageable bracket and a possible 7 seed in the Final Four.

Of course, the light at the end of the tunnel is the UConn beat down. I actually wish they could lose before then in order to salvage the embarrassment of that inevitability to them, of all teams.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think it would be funny watching Warlick get a 179 to 26 beat down.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I wouldn't. I'm not gonna watch it, but I'm kind of tired of being embarrassed, even in stuff I don't care about

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Went out with a fizzle. She shouldn't have any more excuses next year.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

No need. Drilled by Syracuse.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I haven't watched much of the Lady Vols, but I was astonished at how poorly coached they were. Couldn't close out on shooters. Can't attack a press. Offense consists of standing around while one person dribbles a lot. No heart, no passion. I want to get half a million or whatever it is to produce that slop. Would solve a lot of issues for me.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Guess we can cross Tyler Summitt off the list of future candidates?

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I wonder which one he was railing. Went through the roster and none of them seemed lose-your-job worthy.

18. RockyHill

Damn, I knew Tyler pretty well I never would have seen that coming.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawkward...............

Also - takes after his daddy I suppose.

20. RockyHill

But for real, you couldn't make up a crazier sequence of events related to UT athletics over the past decade if you tried.