The "I Hate Dayton, Ohio" Selection Sunday Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 16, 2014.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Kansas had 8 top 25 wins, 3 of them on the road. They're more deserving than louisville.

I think they're roughly the same as Michigan. But i'd defer to michigan due to sos.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wichita state vs. UL is an intriguing match up, though I'm not sure I see Wichita state getting past UK. Kinda depends on how UK responds to yesterday's loss.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wichita will beat UK. Marshall seems to thrive in these us-against-the-world games. I think they will meet their match in the Sweet 16 though, but I would be happy if I am wrong. I want to see them give the NCAA the middle finger.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But UK isn't a world beater. They're the much lower seed in this situation. If they come to play (which I'm not super confident they will), I think they can beat Wichita.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Wichita has a couple of very good players and are limited thereafter. Great PG and some good shooting. They don't have anywhere near the depth or talent UK has. I don't like their odds of overcoming a talent deficit over and over.

I don't think they beat UK, but should they do it, Louisville is too much.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm more torn by the UL vs. UK rematch. I want to pick UL, but they don't match up well with UK, and UK won the regular season matchup. But then I see that I'm putting UK into the Elite 8 and I worry about my sanity.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

non conference schedule was a joke

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

UK could easily lose their first round game.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And they could easily win it.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

UK beats Wichita if they take down KSU.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Is Swan a trusted guy?

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Imagine the butthurt from Jimmy Dykes and Brad Nessler if we fired Cuonzo after making the NCAAT.

13. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I've been at VQ for around 6 yrs and Swan has been dead on accurate with his information.