The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I’m with you. Nashville would probably need to win 4 straight to take the series, because there is zero chance they win a game 7 in Carolina, and I’ve seen nothing that suggests they can win 4 straight against them. Unless Saros just goes full superhuman for the next 3 and/or Ned suddenly craters they should close it out in 6 at worst

But hell, hockey is weird, maybe the momentum carries and they tie the series tomorrow. Best of 3 is a completely different animal

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I still don’t trust Hynes to not pull a Butch and adjust right back to what wasn’t working now that he won one.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I thought this season was generally fun just because it allowed some new rivalries to build and every team hates every other teams guts by the time they see them in the first couple rounds

But it will be nice to be back to normal next year

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The Blues getting marooned on the west coast really sucked. Half the games on too late to watch, and just not natural rivals. Colorado could’ve been fun and there actually were some decent games. I just didn’t care for playing the Coyotes 7 straight.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m honestly not even sure Ned starts game 4. Mrazek had a really good year, but he’s been injured off and on. With the kind of workload Ned had in game 3, I wonder if they give Petr a shot

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

[uck fay]ers won’t quit, that’s for sure

7. Tar Volon

I hate sports.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

would like to see a Canadian team win it

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

[uck fay] Canada

justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's a letter to Canada. It says, "Dear Canada, [uck fay] you."

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I wouldn't mind a Canadian team winning it either. Its football to them.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I could deal with Edmonton I guess. It’s a moral imperative that I hate Winnipeg, Toronto has some of the most insufferable fans in all of sports, and I’ll be damned if I am going to let IP have one with Montreal (although I guess Weber winning one wouldn’t be the worst thing).

13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Best money I’ve spent in a long time watching the Preds win two in double OT. Never thought I’d see my wife become a bigger fan than me, but she’s there.

Pressure shifts to Carolina tomorrow night. They lose that one and Thursday night will be all kinds of fun.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So much for Edmonton. I didn’t see that coming, but neither did anyone else apparently

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Come on.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Figures that the best coaching performance I’ve ever seen out of John Hynes ends in a loss

17. Tar Volon

This series...I really was not expecting this kind of fight after the Canes went up 2-0. Taking years off my life.

Let’s try not playing overtime for the 9:30 start on Thursday.

emainvol likes this.
  18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think that ones probably deflating enough that the Canes will close it out fairly easily Thursday night

19. Tar Volon

I hope so, but I’m done assuming the Preds are just going to roll over and die.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I've learned to never underestimate Nashville at home.