The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's unreal they lost. I'm glad DU won, but they were not the better team most of the game. This really is one of the biggest collapses I have seen in sports. Hard to compare across sports, but wowzers.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

What a gut punch for Mn state. Number 1 for most for the year, looked great for first two periods tonight, and then completely fell apart in the final 20 minutes.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they pulled the goalie a minute too early, too, which led to it looking worse than it was.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

They really need to go back to 1-8 seeding.

emainvol likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

This was nice

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just make it 1-16. Even up the scheduling, and get rid of conferences.

8. Joseph Brant

Wouldn't complain at all, personally.

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Someone, maybe one of the Predators writers, said something about the Oilers sweaters being awful last night

What???? That alt sweater is the only good thing about the Oilers

10. JohnnyQuickkick

That Smashville jersey is an out and out abomination, but then, so are the “Preds”

IP likes this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t think you’ll find many people that disagree with you on that jersey

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Nashville-Colorado looks like Vanderbilt playing Alabama in football.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If any predators fans had any delusions about being able to win this series without Saros, they were very quickly quashed in this one

14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was funny hearing the broadcasters talk about how the defense in front of Rittich has broken down this game, but played well in front of goal during the season. No they didn’t. Saros just covered up their mistakes all season.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The has been atrocious, but at some point an NHL goaltender has to stop a shot, and 4 out of 5 of those (and maybe all 5) were very saveable

OneForVol likes this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This Pens/Rangers game is fantastic

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This was before game 1, too. Preds had lowest first round probability that I've seen since he started doing this:
    upload_2022-5-4_8-24-0.png

updated after last night:
    upload_2022-5-4_8-26-8.png

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I have serious doubts Saros is going to be healthy enough to go at any point in this series.

Basically at this point the Preds need Ingram to turn into 2016 playoff Matt Murray. He looked good last night for the most part, but this Avs team is an absolute juggernaut with very few, if any, weaknesses. Defensive performances like the first half of the game last night are not going to cut it.

The offense looked okay at times, and Duchene did what he’s done all year. They need to step up too but the defense… woof

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t get 75% to the Wild to win their first round series. Blues have won 13 of the last 15 against them. I probably just jinxed it though.

game 1 wasn’t as one-sided as it looks either

20. Joseph Brant

I dozed off after the 2nd OT, kind of glad I did or I'd have been pissed and awake.

Side note, a Klingberg and Rasmus Andersson playoff fight would be very low on things I thought I'd ever see

emainvol likes this.