The law suit just took a new turn and may be the end

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Feb 24, 2016.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Can you not engage in conversation without getting your panties twisted up? Seriously.

2. GahLee

It's also out there from the man in question himself that it didn't happen.

3. GahLee

Unless their is video or a 3rd party willing to setup a rumor is exactly what it is .

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Just saw Chris Low tweet that UT conducted its own investigation (independent of athletics) and Bowles told them CBJ handled it properly.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I don't think UT/CBJ come out this boldly if they don't think think they have the upper hand. Still seems like a lose/lose situation, though

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Maybe some of the legal minds on this board will give their opinion, but that was my thought as well. If it were true, would it not be in his best interest to stay quiet, hope UT settles to stop the hemorrhage, and put them in a position to control the narrative.

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I thought this tweet, along with Warlick's comment are interesting. It fits my opinion, based on first hand experiences with some involved, that some of the scorned LV Mafia are behind/riding shotgun with this latest case.

I find it ironic that Debbie Jennings, has gone on a full scale deleting session of her Facebook posts from the last several weeks that were attacks toward Hart/TN.....Hell, she even attacked the Louisville WBB HC when it was mentioned he could be a successor if Holly was fired.

8. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

This will never ever go to a trial. This is a PR campaign and UT is losing every day. It will go on until the plaintiffs march out the "blue dress with semen ".

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A settlement is tricky, given what the suit seeks / requires / names. And even if you settle with these plaintiffs, the questions will linger, and still require an answer / correction (if necessary).

I don't see a way that UT can just settle, and this all evaporate. And I have to think that this is it's point. Well, that and cold hard cash.

However, if they came back and said the Lady Vol logo was here to stay, it'd essentially be over. Take it as you will.

10. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

If he got his ass beat by his teammates, its not because he helped a girl that supposedly got assaulted, its for letting a piece of ass come between teammates. It was pretty common knowledge back when things happened, he was trying to hookup with the same chick that AJ did, and he got friend-zoned.

11. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I know you're not one to necessarily joke Tenny, but it this has any merit at all, I would seriously consider burning a mattress.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Absolutely.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You are not a smart man.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Because he's questioning a source that appears to be talking out both sides of his mouth? I don't think that's stupid at all.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, I'm having trouble following what all has/has not been said... Did Botch give Bowles the business or not? If not, ESPN needs to quit running so hard with the story that he did... The whole Jamie Naughright deal is a whole other fiasco...

16. Tenacious D

That is absolutely the group which has given this rise, and the motive to do it.

Most have always vacillated between resentment, disdain and pure brazen hated UT, have long delighted in its misery, and are nearly orgasmic over this, its final and long-threatened "scorched earth" campaign.

And just like they shamelessly - and quite successfully - used Pat's accomplishments and stature to protect and further their own insurrection, and unapologetically bilked the men's AD of millions in order to fund it, they are now using these alleged victims to only greatly continue that now flailing effort. And the saddest reality is this: short of consolidating the men's and women's AD, and doing away with the Lady Vols logo - two moves that any sensible person who can comprehend either math or branding would have readily agreed as being necessary - the men's AD, and UT as a whole, have absolutely bent their backs beyond the breaking point, to not only celebrate Pat's accomplishments and legacy, but to accommodate and celebrate those of all women's teams and their female athletes. Not because they had to, but because it was the right and worthy thing to do.

And this is what they get for it.

There's a reason that football is specifically named. There is a reason why Cheek, Hart and Jones are directly named. There is a reason why they've alleged a "systemic" problem. This is about cash, for sure, because that's how they've got the alleged victims to go along with it (allegedly, now also including Alexis Johnson's recent accuser) - but it's equally about their having exhausted all efforts to keep the Lady Vols logo. Now, this same group (sect?) hope to remove anyone who has refused to return to it, so as to replace them with others who will. This suit is about exactly what's happening now, and to produce not only maximum but long-standing damage to Tennessee.

It is what it is. Anyone who doesn't admit this impetus for this suit is either ignorant, a liar or a fool.

Here's what I would caution anyone and everyone:

1. The self-serving motivations aside, this does not mean that Tennessee is blameless, that some wrong-doing hasn't occurred, or that corrective action isn't needed.

2. This does not mean that the claims of these alleged victims isn't true.

3. This does not mean that the alleged victims in this suit, or any victim of sexual assault, are deserving of anything less than compassion, care and the full support of the University and by all who love it, and have a desire for justice, wherever it leads or whatever it demands.

4. This does not mean that the alleged perpetrators of these deeds are to be assumed as being guilty, or otherwise not entitled to a full and due process under law.

5. Do not allow yourself to make the same mistake as so many made two weeks ago, when Shaun King's article on Peyton Manninh was released - and was based on nothing more than the one-sided and singular account of a Plaintiff in a civil suit. Because that is exactly what this is - the plaintiffs side, and nothing more. It has neither seen nor certainty survived judicial review or even the scrutiny of opposing counsel. Let them grab the headlines for the moment. Believe whatever you want, and when you want to decide it, but do so with the full knowledge that you've only heard one side of the story at this point, and that while Tennessee cannot respond right now (and that, too, is kind of the point), but will, and with vigor.

6. Do not think that the other side doesn't have things that they'd prefer not to come to light, too. Lots and lots and lots of things. If it does, you may change your mind. Recall, Jamie Nautright was merely a "victim", too, just two weeks ago. How has the world's perception of her changed, in just two short weeks? Exactly.

7. Do not think that Tennesse is just going to settle this, because I've heard absolutely nothing to suggest it, and in fact, everything to suggest that they intend to fight it, both in defense of the institution, and those who represent it. It is both the earlier settlement with Deby Jennings, but also Mizzou's rapid and baseless capitulation to their own vocal and media-grabbing malcontents have opened the door to this. You do not close this door, and in fact, will do just the opposite, in settling it. Hell, they could settle this today for all that I know, but I don't believe that they will.

8. Do not think that Tennessee, and those named persons who represent it, don't also have recourse, too, beyond this suit, itself. Defendants file counter-claims every single day. And win.

9. Do not believe that every other Administration and University in the country isn't closely watching this unfold, and that it doesn't serve as a cautionary tale.

10. This suit, and the motives behind it, will make it exceedingly difficult for members of the LGBT to secure gainful employment in most other AD's across the country, as a result of this mess. I'm not saying that's correct or right, but it's damned sure true. Believe that.

11. This does not mean that there aren't problems with how UT adjudicates these matters, or how much influence the AD has had, or should have been allowed to have, in and around this process.

That's my $.03, right now.

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Tenny D back in classic Tenny form.

18. Tenacious D

TD going to TD.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has there been a single conviction involved in this whole ordeal?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Alexis Johnson accuser isn't pressing charges, but is saddling up for the cash grab. Pretty crappy.