The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There were a few games every year of Cuonzo ball where I thought if they’d just do this every night I could get behind it, but then 2 nights later they’d lay the biggest turd you could imagine

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Players wanted to run and play loose but CM didnt allow it until the situation was dire, then they started playing ball when played the us v them (in more ways than one), and let them play instead of overcoaching.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My high school coach was a connected player in midwestern hoops and got an individual workshop with [penis] Bennett in the mid-90s on the pack line defense, which we used my senior year. Worked pretty damn good, obviously, when we did it right. His offense was not something we emulated, though, with players either pickers or shooters, thank goodness. Shit was boring as hell. Bennett was able to beat Jason Kidd with it in the early 90s when he took down Cal in the tournament.

4. Ssmiff

ason Kidd

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Memphis State is horrible and I love it.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Go Richmond.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gotta respect a school going with spiders as a mascot. Truly don't give a [uck fay].

8. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Hardly recognized him at first

[​IMG]

9. Johnny Utah

Yikes Kentucky. Hold your opponent to 29% shooting and still lose. They normally start the season off slowly, but they have looked bad the first week and a half.

10. Ssmiff

They are having UT football type 2nd halves. Outscored by 16 v Richmond and again scored 20 something v ks.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

SEC appears to be God-awful this year. Decent chance we end up being the only ranked team in a couple of weeks.

12. Johnny Utah

Looks like Jalen Suggs popped his Achilles. That would be a huge blow to Gonzaga.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That has to be a painful injury.

14. Ssmiff

that was a weird way to do it if he did. usually the heel is extended the other way and its an acute change of direction injury vs slipping.

And yes @IP it is painful. Recovery sucks. It's one of my 9 leg injuries and surgeries I had. Happened during a game and sounded like a gun went off. Rolls up the back of the leg like a fruit roll up if it tears from the heel bone (calcaneous)

15. Johnny Utah

Yeah it looks like he just injured his ankle.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dan Marino said he went back to pass and a lineman fell on his leg and it hurt like hell.

He then looked back after falling to ground and saw no one was there. He knew then his achilles had popped

17. Johnny Utah

Kentucky getting blown out by an awful Georgia Tech team. You hate to see it.

IP likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is UK so bad so far?

19. Johnny Utah

Well when you “reload” every year, you do so knowing that if a season comes along where the freshman class coming in isn’t great it’s going to be a tough year. It’s early, but it’s looking like it’s one of those years. As someone who who lives in Lexington, you can sense that the fanbase is starting to get a little restless.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My heart goes out to them.

It really does.