The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Memphis St kicking Auburn’s sorry asses.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

KD Johnson poses, yells and bows up after every play. The most annoying player in college.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Lost today by 22 to Florida State. The Seminoles entered today’s game with a record of 1-9.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Whoever told Bruce that chinstrap beard thing looks good got him pretty good.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

He’s obviously got a screw loose. Someone you definitely despise if it’s not your time bud I’d bet if he played for Tennessee you’d love him.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They make Wade Houston’s last team look like the 1996 Bulls.

7. Ssmiff

I’d still want him to stfu and stop flailing into the defense trying for a bailout call.

8. HCKevinSteele

He does do that too much, which is sort of silly because he’s strong and athletic and a decent enough finisher.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

AU looking vulnerable defensively, and their OOC schedule overall has been beyond unimpressive this year. They don't have a good win under their belt yet and was soundly dealt with earlier today by the only decent opponent they have played so far. It's early still, but all signs indicate this AU squad does not have the same juice that last year's AU team had. I like our chances vs them

10. HCKevinSteele

They’ll improve some but I think their ceiling is pretty low. They just don’t have any difference makers.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Us swooping in last min prevailing over them with the Phillips recruitment was a massive blow for AU. Based on what I remember following the conversations out there around his recruitment, I think they prematurely counted that egg as being hatched for them and were really banking on him being on the plains this year. AU and their most avid supporters were stunned when he ended up in Knoxville.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah I'm a little worried.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The risk you take hiring an asshole coach. Some of y’all love to dog our coach but I can go to sleep and be confident I’ll never wake up to this news from him.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

...hang the banner, I guess?

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Texas fired him because He DiDn’T wIn EnOuGh iN mArCh even though he did more for them than they’ve ever done in that regard.

They’ve won a grand total of one tournament game since and now they’re probably going to have to fire their “dream coach” for cause. The curse of the Deacon.

IP likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And well deserved. I forgot about the direct connection to Texas, sorry.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Read on a Texas Tech board that when Beard was introduced as their coach, he had his hand in a brace because he had broken it punching a wall. So there were some anger management issues that just got ignored and now he and Texas will both pay the price for it.

20. Ssmiff

How do you come back from this?

Attached Files: