The Official 8th Sunshine Pumping Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Aug 14, 2014.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We're going to be 3-0 going into UGa. OU has listened all off-season how great they are for beating Bama.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

What if Peterman Fever is actually just a symptom of a greater underlying syndrome?

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

2-2 coming out of UGA. With a decent shot of being 3-2. Best I can muster until I see reason to change my mind.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You hate the Vols

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yeah. I see no way we beat OU or UGA with them both being on the road.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You too

7. Beechervol

Dont hate the player, hate the circumstances.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

8/31/14 vs. Utah State W 132-0
    09/06/14 vs. Arkansas State W 97-0
    09/13/14 at Oklahoma W 223-0 (breaking GTechs record)
    09/27/14 at Georgia W 75-0
    10/04/14 vs. Florida W 56-0 (Muschamp is fired after the first quarter)
    10/11/14 vs. Chattanooga W 21-0 (don't want to embarrass a sister school)
    10/18/14 at Ole Miss W 65-0
    10/25/14 vs. Alabama W 224-0 (breaking the previously set record)
    11/01/14 at South Carolina W 70-0
    11/15/14 vs. Kentucky W 65-0
    11/22/14 vs. Missouri W 78-0
    11/29/14 at Vanderbilt W 178-0

SEC Championship game is forfeited to UT without a game played

9. Beechervol

No way KY holds us to 65.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not trying to be over dramatic, but with today's revelation, I'm hoping to avoid our first 8 loss season in history.

11. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

The only way we beat UGA is Mark Richt.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Fahr Butch if it happens...

While I'm not optimistic by any means for this season, I would be a little surprised if we only won 4 games.

13. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

In the spirit of the name of this thread... I think we will be better overall on defense. Our running game will improve greatly, and I think our receivers are good enough to bail out a very very mediocre quarterback. I don't think our SEC competition has improved overall talent wise as much as we have, and our coaching has been through the SEC ringer and will be better prepared for it this year. That's all I have.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"Someone has forgotten me, already!"​

[​IMG]

15. JayVols

We'll have better talent at RB for sure; however, with a QB that isn't a great passer (read absolutely sucks ass) and refuses to read or keep on the no option play (read straight dive), I'll be surprised if our 2 deep at the position are healthy after game 4. We will see 8 in the box consistently.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

You failed, Jay. Drama. In truth, I'd be more afraid of 8 losses if Peterman had been named starter. It might be irrational but I cannot get past that Florida abomination - it is scorched onto my retinas.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Worley is going to look loads better than last year, because he'll have another year of experience under his belt, plus some actual receivers to throw to. North won't be the only guy on the team to catch anything in the vicinity this year. The quarterbacking might not be great, but the receivers will disguise that. The allegedly young offensive line will have three veterans in the middle and a much-heralded JUCO at left tackle. That's not young, that ain't a problem. And at RB, we have Lane, who always was more talented than Neal, and a legit 5* freshman at a position that's relatively easy to project.

So basically, the offense should be way better.

The defense has gotten a huge infusion of talent. Last year's nickel was a walk-on RB. This year's nickel is a two-year starter at CB. I think that says all you need to hear about the secondary. AJ Johnson is still AJ Johnson, and there are enough talented bodies to find another linebacker. Some kids are looking great at defensive end, and while DT looks like a tougher sell, do remember that last year's line started Daniel Hood and was awful in short yardage, so how much worse can they be? Also, year two is where you learn about containment and setting edges, so there's that.

Now to the schedule:

*Utah State is a good mid-major, but they're way less talented, and their star is coming off a knee injury.
    *Arkansas State is on their fourth coach in four years. Next.
    *Oklahoma is getting way too much press for beating an Alabama team that didn't give a damn. Last year's OU team got eviscerated by Texas, almost lost to a 4-8 TCU, and scored just 16 points against a Dana Holgorsen coached team.
    *Georgia is coached by Mark Richt.
    *Florida is coached by Will Muschamp, went 4-8 last year, and comes to Knoxville.
    *Chatt. . . whatever.
    *Ole Miss always chokes when they read too much of their own press. They also play us right in the middle of a five-week stretch including Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, and Auburn. Bad spot for the Rebs.
    *[redacted]
    *South Carolina lost to us last year. We, as pointed out, will be better than last year. They lost Clowney.
    *Kentucky is Kentucky.
    *Missouri is playing us in November. By November, all of those freshmen will basically be sophomores and ready to destroy this conference.
    *Vanderbilt is Vanderbilt.

exhale

that's all the sunshine I've got.

18. JayVols

I'm with you.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you just discovered the equivalent of fracking for the sunshine pumping industry.

20. JayVols

Serious question Tar, just what have you seen from Worley that makes you think he'll be greatly improved from last year?

Had he had an arm transplant along with testicular enlargement surgery over the off-season I could somewhat understand that statement. He didn't have either. If he were a freshman last year, I would agree another year would be a reason to be hopeful. He was a bad upperclassman last year. He'll be a bad senior this year. Lack of talent and no guts (if I wanted to pile on, I would reference his intelligence) are his problems not a lack of experience.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014