The Section 103 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Feb 8, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. Tennessee fans deserve some credit. There were far more people there today than the opponent and recent performance merited.
    2. The first half was solid. The Vols were engaged and played well on both ends.
    3. The halfcourt offense simply runs better with Darius Thompson at the point. The ball and player movement is day and night when Antonio Barton is at the point.
    4. South Carolina has a couple of decent prospects. They are still a long way from being competitive.
    5. Jordan McRae looked like the best offensive player in the SEC in the first half. He seems to have settled in to being either great or nonexistent.
    6. That is as healthy as Jeronne Maymon has looked this season. His lift looks as if it may never come back, but he was far more mobile today.
    7. Jarnell Stokes handled the post area as if he owned it. He's very good when he has a distinct physical advantage.
    8. I hope what we saw for most of the day is now the rotation. The best players ate up most of the minutes that mattered today.
    9. Armani Moore is the kind of player every good team needs. If his shot ever comes around, he'll be incredibly valuable.
    10. Today's effort actually made me angry. There's no reason they shouldn't have done the same thing Wednesday night.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

definitely a better crowd than i expected

3. netnvol

netnvol Member

They play that hard against Vandy and they would have won by 10. What a frustrating team this is.