The timing of everything

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 9, 2017.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You mistook a coaching staff problem for a Dobbs problem.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then argued with everyone as they told him Butch was mildly retarded

3. SC beats us. Sorry.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

With the team quitting on Butch no games are gimmes, including Mizzou and So. Miss. ....
    Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, LSU can and probably will all beat us as long as Butch is employed.

Don't underestimate the team quitting on him tho. You can see the Umass game for further clarification. If they don't lose their QB late in the game we already have an interim.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think it's either following a loss this weekend or the first loss after the bammer beating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The jury is still out on Dobbs. He’s in the NFL getting NFL coaching now. No more excuses for terrible accuracy. At a certain point, it just is what it is.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The dude not leading us to championships is wearing the headset. Joshua Dobbs did everything in his damn power he could’ve done, basically on his own

8. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

^^this

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This isn’t an “either or” scenario. It’s not like we had a QB and a coach, and one had to be good and the other had to suck. Josh Dobbs probably isn’t leading us to championships even with a competent coach.

And to pretend he was on his own is absurd. There were NFL players at multiple positions around him.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

And hes not going to play until Big Ben retires. The jury is going to be out for a long time if thats the case. All I need to know is that every other QB that has played here under Butch looked multitudes better when they weren't in this system.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Butch will be fired after Ga pounds us.

I have no idea why it hasn't been announced. I don't give anyone kudos for working things...behind the scenes. We missed the right window and it is wrong to make these players go out and get coached to lose by Butch Jones. Seriously I am shocked they haven't all quit.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Getting someone like Gruden or Kelly takes time. I'm not worried about the timeline. He's gone. That shit can be written in stone.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

If 41-0 Isn't quitting, I don't know what is.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am speaking as to the firing of Butch. An interim is highly preferable.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Basically the fact he had to elude 3 linemen before he could get the ball to any of them is what I was talking about. Also one of them was criminally underused.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I hate I missed that discussion.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's take a look at SEC championship QBs since 2010:

2010: Cam Newton

2011: Jordan Jefferson

2012: AJ McCarron

2013: Nick Marshall

2014: Blake Sims

2015: Jacob Coker

2016: Jalen Hurts

Cam Newton was a once a decade player. The rest have all been fairly average with a great supporting cast or an offense designed specifically for their skillsets.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And if you want to go with strictly the east division winners at QB, you really see how terribly misused Dobbs was.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Dobbs moved the chains in spite of the offensive system.

He was most productive when improvising. Now that we have a QB who is unable to elude defenders and create on the fly, we punt.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's like watching Worley lead this offense all over again.