The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, May 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It came out on Tuesday and I picked it up yesterday. Played a little bit last night and like it so far. Anyone else have it or plan to get it?

[video=youtube;xt_65k-gv1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U[/video]

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Here's how big the map is:

[​IMG]

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looks interesting, but I just don't have the time right now. Keep me posted on how it goes?

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm probably going to get it sometime soon. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It looks good. I'll probably get it when work slows down a bit.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was planning on starting this thread tonight. Glad to see other people are interested. Heard the game is amazing.

Not sure when I will get it but hopefully soon.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

So I played for a few hours last night and took out a griffin. There is a learning curve involved but nothing too steep. This is my first time playing a Witcher game so I have no idea if it's like the others or not. I have the tutorials turned on so whenever the storyline wants me to do something I haven't done before it will show me how to do it, where it's located in the sub menu, etc. The graphics of the game are well done and it's nice to not have loading screens when you walk through doors and whatnot. The save feature is kick ass in that it takes a whopping 2-3 seconds to do it. All in all, I like it. There are some Skyrimesque features about the game but it certainly doesn't play the same way.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What are you playing on? PS, Xbox, cpu?

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

PS4

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

This game gets better and better as you play. There are so many storylines and side quests to do apart from the main quests. The size of the various realms or whatever they're called can really stretch out the time it takes to play if you go through and explore them. I've been exploring the same realm for a few days now (about 8 hrs) and have managed to cover maybe a quarter of it. It's very detailed as far as building your character up with weapons, armor, alchemy, spells, etc. so be prepared to get your ass kicked if you're not careful.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have the first one on PC, but haven't played it much. I don't think it is similar to the one you are playing, but it came out years ago.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I haven't played the first two games. I read/heard poor reviews on them. I did read that they went out of their way to make this game more playable which there's a lot to it so I can't imagine how involved the others were. A cool aspect of the game which I like is that your decisions and choices directly impact how events play out. I haven't figured out if the choices you make changes your reputation for better or worse yet. It's definitely a fun game if you enjoy RPG's with massive maps and endless things to do and explore.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Finished the storyline today and I'm bummed it's over. I haven't had that much fun playing a game in a long time. I still have a few side quests and exploring to do but I may end up playing it again from the beginning. Definitely worth buying if you like these kind of games.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

First, the real question:

Who did you romance?

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Ha, I stuck with Yen.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Been meaning to post in here for a while.

This game is phenomenal. I've been playing it a shitload over the past couple weeks, and it's so hard to put it down. It offers you so many different things to do. I've spent hours just roaming around, looking for random bandit camps. I've spent hours tracking down fellow gwent (the gambling card game within the game) players. I've spent hours working on side quests, some of which have no effect on the central plot and some of which affect it greatly. Every decision feels like it matters, making the game feel truly personal. Saving is fast and easy, loading takes a little time but isn't too bad. Voice acting is on point. Characters are awesome and make you truly feel ivolved in their issues. The fighting and monster slaying system is complex enough that every time you face something new, it will probably give you some trouble, but not so complex that you can't figure out how to win. It just might take a couple tries with different combinations of weapons, potions, blade oils, spells, etc. One of my favorite features is the way in which you can shape the main character. You can make him a total badass,who cares only about the coin he stands to make and gives 0 ****s about the people he might be able to save. Or you can make him a little more human. Either way, it's up to you.

It's the best game I've played in some time. To me, it's similar to skyrim but much better in a number of ways.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's what I plan to do as well. Shot Triss down a couple nights ago. I think the game really pushes you that way, but from what I've read, the previous games push you toward Triss. Apparently Yen was a major [itch bay] to Geralt in the past.

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yen is the hottest of them all.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

According to the backstory, they're all technically hideous. They're all right around or over 100 years old, but since they're witches, the alter their appearances to make themselves look good. According to the books, Yen is apparently a Hunchback lol