There are four teams ranked ahead of TN in the AP top 25 whom TN played last year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Snakes on a Wii, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Three of them lost to TN in those games.

Two of those losses were blowouts.

Both of said losers (now #5 and #9) lost in blowouts in their season openers.

If there’s any justice in the world, the press will correct this egregious error and have UT in the top 10 tomorrow.

Go Vols.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Didn't watch the Clemson game, curious how much ridiculous attention Klubnik received and how many shots of his parents?

Very happy to see Clemson coming back to earth. The bloom is definitely off that rose.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Coaches poll has us at 9, LSU drops to 14 (suck it Kelly) and Clemson all the way down to 21 where they belong.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They loved them some Klubnik, but I never saw his parents.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

#9 in both polls. I really can't argue with that. Washington beat the bejezzus out of Boise and earned jumping us in coaches.

Didn't see any of the Penn State game other than the ring around the roses play.

justingroves likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is where we should have started (9 or 10) and where we should be now. With Bama and Georgia always on the schedule, Vols will get their chances to move up into the playoff window.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

But still ahead of Duke, which of course makes sense.

justingroves likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

Just because you smash them on the field doesn't mean you are better than they are. Come on, man, you know that.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only things that surprised me were I figured FSU might get a couple of #1 votes and I figured Colorado would crack top 20.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It was even more clear than it was in the orange bowl that Klubnick is a noodle arm bum

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

He had to step and put his whole weight behind it to get it 30 yards.