Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I got an AC sprain back in the day. Did the old "500mg motrin will fix it" regime and after about 2-3 weeks it felt fine and mobility had returned almost to normal.

Didn't take long for it to evolve into a partial tear. It's not something that should be rushed back from.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

For your Tuesday viewing and listening pleasure:

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That connective tissue stuff in the shoulder is no joke. It lingers. Doesn't seem to be tissue that heals quickly, or at all in some cases without surgical intervention.

I wish Young no ill. Hope he knows what he is doing and gets good advice.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Felt like 10 minutes

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Forget Kiffin. Josh Heupel objectively had a better first season in every way than Kiffin. Go look. We're 5-0 going into a home game against an undefeated Bama. Let's go forward. These are the good days. Today is the good day. Let's live in the moment.

thagodfather and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

The situation he took over was way worse than what Kiffin took over. Kiffin had Eric [uck fay]ing Berry.

thagodfather and utvol0427 like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look at the schedules in context. We remember beating Georgia. In 2009. Georgia wasn't competing for national championships and finished 8-5 and unranked. Kiffin's best win was South Carolina, which was ranked 13 but finished 8-6 and unranked.

Heupel's best win was against Kentucky who was #18 and finished 10-3. And he had more wins. And did not have a better roster on Day 1-- maybe worse.

5 games into his second season, Heupel has more wins against ranked opponents than Kiffin, Dooley, and Pruitt combined. Tennessee had 9 wins over ranked teams from 2009 to 2020. Less than 1 per year. Tennessee already has 3 this year with plenty more opportunities left.

People will cry and freak out about the defense or whatever if the Vols don't win Saturday, but there is just no reason to look backward. The previous 11 years before Heupel are a void. Our starting quarterback is 24 years old and was born in 1998. BORN. He was 7 years old the last time the Vols were ranked so high.

VOLinDAWGland and hohenfelsvol like this.
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I’ll only cry and freak out if we lose to Kentucky. Or maybe for a couple of hours if Bama beats us by 35 or we lose on the last play of the game.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no outcome that will not cause me to cry and freak out on Saturday, in some form. I do think it is important to keep in mind this is house money. Literally everything that matters is still on the table even if it is 70-0 Bama. Win out and you see them again in the SEC championship with a playoff bid on the line. We used to care more when you had to pretty much go undefeated to control your own destiny. We haven't been good in the era of both divisions AND playoffs. UGA is actually the bigger game, tradition aside.

Tar Volon and OneForVol like this.
  10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Regardless, Jack Daniels will be there for me.

OneForVol, utvol0427 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Seems like the most realistic scenario for the best possible season would be win this, lose to UGA and have Bama beat UGA in the SECCG and pray the playoff committee puts us in over UGA. No, we don’t win the SEC but we end the Bama streak and get a shot at the national championship.

edit: Actually doesn’t matter who wins the SEC in that scenario, UGA winning clinches a spot for us. I think if we were to make the SECCG it will realistically be with 1 loss rather than undefeated. I wouldn’t like our chances to win that game and 2 losses knocks us out of CFP contention.

justingroves and IP like this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

George Dickel for me

thagodfather likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Diet Mt Dew, baby! Wooo!

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like I said, I was thinking in terms of retaining control of our destiny. If you don't win the SECCG, you could get screwed. Still have USC, Clemson, Michigan, and Ohio State out there plus an SEC champion and potentially the defending champion. We could conceivably finish no better than 7 with 1 loss to UGA. Wild, but you see what I mean. Bama wins SEC championship with 1 loss to us, UGA finishes with only a loss to Bama, and then USC, Clemson, and at least one of UM/OSU. That's 6 teams.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Basilio apparently thinks it is possible McCullough does not get suspended. Not sure about that, unless more information is imminently coming that elaborates on the events. Allegedly there are witnesses telling a completely different story than the report from the alleged victim.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe once everything comes out McCullough won't be in a bit of trouble. With that being said, he can't play until charges are dropped, I wouldn't think.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There’s no way he’s going to be allowed to play with an outstanding felony charge. It’s going to have to be reduced or dropped first

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If you’re so drunk that you can’t remember what apartment you just left, how can your account of what happened be trusted? Any defense lawyer worth a shit could pick that apart.

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

You know we're back as a program when dudes are getting arrested again.

utvol0427 likes this.