Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

But if it was an honest mistake and the guy left as soon as figured out he was in the wrong place, and he didn’t steal anything, damage anything, or harm anyone (McCollough doesn’t accuse him of any of these), I imagine it’s going to be hard to justify knocking him out cold outside of the apartment to a jury.

I think he’s going to have to hope he can get this reduced to a misdemeanor where he won’t have a mandatory jail sentence if convicted. He definitely won’t be allowed with the team with an outstanding felony charge.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Was the alleged perp homeless?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm betting there was a lot more said than "you don't have to be a [penis] about it", Tank follows him outside, he keeps talking and gets knocked the [uck fay] out.

I don't see a felony sticking, I bet charges are dropped or reduced

hohenfelsvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Likely none of this happens in the first place if McCollough doesn’t leave the door to the apartment unlocked. That was stupid.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seemed so.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If they had just arrested him for throwing the brick then Jaylen wouldn't have had to take care of things for them.

Now they are trying to cover their tracks. The Making of an Assaulter

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do we know McCullough doesn't accuse him of anything else? We only have the complaint in the police report, right? There may be witnesses and statements to the contrary.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it is the same person, the brick thrower was sober but mentally unwell.

9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think the situation you described merits something being done but in general they’ve made dealing with homeless people downtown a challenge.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The crux of it is my parents didn't "see" him throw it, but he clearly did in that no one else was there and he was yelling at them when they stopped and got out of the car. He claims they shouldn't have taken a right turn (it was green, but even if it wasn't no other car or bike or pedestrian was within 100 ft). So because they were honest, the police could not arrest him.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This McCullough story just doesn't make sense. At all.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

There has to be some witnesses that would provide some clarity. Surely you don't base the case on a guy who admits he was so drunk as to go into the wrong apartment and also says he lost consciousness.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think drunk busts in obnoxiously, says something to McCullough or his girlfriend, is told to shut up, keeps mouthing off as he's leaving and McCullough lays him out as he's leaving.

This isn't an uncommon occurrence

Memtownvol and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dr. Danny White, please do this.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's do this

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

J. Crompton made an interesting point talking to A to Z Sports: no matter what happens Saturday, we still have a path to Atlanta and thus the playoffs. Wild.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

So long as we beat them, claim the SEC title and knock them out of the CFB Playoffs I'll take that in a heartbeat.

justingroves likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Beat Bama in the regular season, Kiffin in Atlanta and Bama in the playoffs

zehr27, OneForVol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I like this better.