This forum seems to get the most traffic, so I'll ask this question here

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by lylsmorr, Aug 15, 2011.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Which of our "new" coaches are you most excited about(quotation marks because Dooley is still pretty new to us)?

I think every coach we have hired has great potential.

I'm a big, big, big fan of Cuonzo. I got to see firsthand what he took over his first year - and let me tell you it was absolutely awful. He turned that program around to a contender in a solid conference. The only drawback is that he is still unproven at this level("BCS" conference level).

Also a Dooley supporter. I like how he handles himself in the eye of the media and how he has molded the team so far. I feel like even if Dooley is gone by year 4, he will leave the team in a hell of a lot better shape than Fulmer or Kiffin did. The roster is starting to fill up with hard-nosed and intelligent players right now. I really hope that he can turn out to be a home run hire, but I'd say that Dooley is the least proven out of any of the big three hires.

Now we all know Serrano's credentials. Multiple trips to the promised land of Omaha. His record speaks for itself, honestly.

If I had to pick just one, I'd say I am most excited about Serrano. However, I'm still really looking forward to see what the other two coaches can do.

2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

If its a head coach, then Counzo

All coaches, it would be Sirmon. Cant wait to see what he does with that Linebacking corp

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are right about Dooley. Even if he fails, his successor's cupboard won't be bare.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't follow college baseball nearly enough to be excited about Serrano.

I would say Martin, but given the rosters and upcoming NCAA issues, I'm more excited about the next few seasons of Tennessee football than basketball.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Dooley. Guy's won me over. Hope he wins big here, because I'd like him to stick around for a while.

Serrano should win, but I just don't give a damn about college baseball.