This Team Won't Win 7 Games

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 28, 2019.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The DL has talent, even without Gooden. It's just all unproven. They're gonna get their chance to shine soon enough.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

8 wins it is.

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We can just end the thread already, OV has spoken.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hopefully he can play every game and not just this starting run.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They also ended the season with great qb play and they had one of the best ever freshman DEs who controlled games vs weaker opposition. Plus that was the first year of SEC Network money, the bottom half of the league was not in the same galaxy as us in revenues or spending. Now the gap is not nearly so cavernous, so it's not going to be as easy for some of these teams to drop or for us to skip over them.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

All that being said, Miss St is a dumpster fire, and we can definitely beat UK and Vandy and that alone gets us to 7.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Jones took a shit on the field in every one of those games. Josh Dobbs went 6-6 that season.

lol vol, MaconVol, Memtownvol and 2 others like this.
  8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It'll come down to the unkowns. If we stay healthy, I think we can realistically expect 7-8.

If we take injuries in basically any position group, especially multiple, the wheels will fall off and we'll be right back at 4-8 or 5-7 at best.

I think this team is probably in the 5 or 6 win territory. I think we'll get our teeth kicked in by Florida and the team will not recover as October is brutal.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think this team curb stomps UF and loses as injuries pile up

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I've been hurt before, man. Bad. Real bad.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

This is the easiest October we've had since 2013

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I get what you mean but I'm pretty sure he went 4-1 in his starts

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

All this has done is piss me off more that it took Justin Worley being pronounced dead on the sideline to get Dobbs on the field

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're wrong here, pal. It took Worley being pronounced dead for Peterman to start the Bama game until we were in a 28-0 deficit. Only then did they reluctantly play Dobbs. [uck fay] all of those losers.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Gyaaah

16. lol vol

lol vol Member

They did have great QB play at the end, and a great freshman, along with a few good freshman players. I think we’ll see talented freshman step up this year, and JG will play better with an improved OL.

I don’t think the competition in the SEC has drastically changed with SEC Network money. Perhaps it will in the future, but the bottom tier teams in the conference are the same teams now as they were 5 years ago.

Exactly. I am hopeful that Pruitt will not take a shit in every game of his 2nd season. That, along with a relatively easy schedule for Tennessee, should produce at least 7 wins, barring catastrophic injuries.

If he doesn’t, then it will be time to preheat the hot seat. Again.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You sure?

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I didnt think it could be possible this guy could go down in the same category as those 2.

19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

It's probably old news to many here. I just read where the players had a players only meeting Sunday. Jujuan Jennings led the meeting.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That’s probably the best first step.

Memtownvol likes this.