Those Bearcats are pretty confident

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

run and gun...Bray will tear them apart as long as our pass protection holds up. he has one helluva cannon and made great decisions when being pressured....yada yada yada..it was Montana

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Jump balls to Hunter and Rogers all day......if I was calling the plays

3. volinbham

volinbham Member

I will say that deep out throw early in the game while he was scrambling showed amazing arm strength - maybe it was the first touch down; I don't remember.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I thought the same thing. I was surprised he was able to put it on target in that situation, made me smile.

5. egotistical

egotistical New Member

He's got a gun, no doubt. I don't think he fears too much either, so it should be a pretty entertaining year as for the passing game.

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I'm watching the replay...now, I'm no Ohiovol....but this OL is opening holes. I'm through the first half and Poole has passed up several running lanes so far. Admittedly, the OL is still not where it needs to be in the run game.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel pretty good about this prediction, even with my comment about variation.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The arguments for Poole are from people who can only talk football via statistic.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dude ran for 100 against Bama in a 40 point loss. He's unstoppable.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He runs into more people in the backfield than anyone I've ever seen. It's almost like he has to.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Poole actually made a few cuts outside yesterday instead of trying to move the one tone pile in front of him. I was amazed.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He's the least of the starting tailbacks we have had on the Hill in a couple of decades. That isn't really a slam--I think every one of those guys with the exception of Riggs had an NFL career--but I just don't think he is the caliber of player we are used to seeing at that position.

13. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

He seemed to be running right up the backside of the center in the first half- second half he got better at finding the hole and accelerating through. That being said I don't think he's very good.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would be a lot more worried about the running back situation if we weren't clearly grooming Lane to be "the guy" in the near future.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree. That being said, he's still not a terrible RB. He's a serviceable guy that's not going lose you a ball game but he's not going to be the bellcow that wins it either.

It really is obvious they're trying every way which way to get Lane more carries.