Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Very surprised Bailey hasn’t entered yet.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Makes more sense to see who the coach will be imo.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

wasn’t getting bags of cash, and offensive staff is still in place, so he hasn’t lost anything yet.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    A-Smith likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

6. BigOrangeBeech

Yeah. You're right.

7. BigOrangeBeech

8. BigOrangeBeech

Someone posted this at the other place. Thought it was funny.

Our situation going in to spring practice be like...

Screenshot_20210120-203939_DuckDuckGo.jpg

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

This whole “the fans are bad and don’t care about us” stuff is stupid. Am I supposed to believe that the fans care any less about the players than these mercenary coaches and money hungry administrators do?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's a spectrum. there are a lot of shitty people. I have no doubt that all of those players are giving me personally more than I am giving them personally. So that's a perspective to consider. We need to fix the coaching situation. that's how we are going to give a shit.

SetVol13 and Memtownvol like this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean we’re all pissed and everything but it’s a lot closer to home for those dudes

SetVol13, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  12. Savage Orange

The guys that stick around and actually do the heavy lifting for the next two plus years are going to always have a special place in UT football history. We’re about to see (and are already seeing) who the front runners are and who the workers are.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

consider being in the shoes of a talented rising junior who has an outside shot of being drafted if they can demonstrate some skill in the next two years. It is a risk of millions to see whether or not we Dooley this thing.

I hate it for me, but I think these guys need to think critically. on the flip side, this creates opportunities for guys who may have been overlooked or sharing snaps.

chavisut, Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Feel like we say this every 4 years

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

it feels abusive. "you are really special, I have changed, just stay. take chance! if you don't, you never really loved me."

16. Savage Orange

It does go both ways but if you are top shelf talent, the league will find you wherever you are.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why I want any player that decides leaving is in their best interest to leave and do well wherever they go.

In fact, I kind wish any player that is a junior or senior coming up to get the hell out of dodge for their sake.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What if you are good but not great though.How much money did Marquez Callaway leave on the table?

IP likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

-So we have a sr dual threat qb, Bailey maybe and Salters coming in. Could keep us in games there
    -juco rb will get a lot of touches, Beckwith, Small, Hodge and couple speedy newcomers.
    -TE we have Fant and Warren back and Pope. Sufficient enough. I like Fant as he used to be an rb and wr and can help when we arent scared to throw
    -cooper mays at C. Other Mays somewhere. Unsure of our depth there and we lost both LTs, though honeslty neither played well there. So offensively, with JG gone and playbook opened up hopefully, we should score more than 10 a game.
    Defensively front 7 we are kinda [uck fay]ed. Lbs rail thin, but again, we had "talent" there last year and they were clueless 90% of the time in coverage.
    Hope we can field enough players and if we can, we will compete as well as we did in our 3-7 season this year. Would like us to go back to a 4/3 base, zone everybody up and quit being so cute as cute never worked for us.
    Tank and Tae back at db and hopefully Lawrence. Other cb and S, not sure.
    All of course assuming we dont lose more.

Tar Volon and IP like this.
  20. Savage Orange

That could apply to a ton of players. Again, if you can play (and can act somewhat like a responsible adult, but even that isn’t an absolute requirement) there can be a place for you in the NFL. Who was the dude who worked at a grocery store one week and ended up on the Dolphins roster the next? Bernie Parmalee(?). Same for Kurt Warner.