Travis Haney Drops the Hammer

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 7, 2016.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

But there is a such thing as too much stress.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I believe that would have a great deal to do with how far we fell and how he reacted. If we went 5-7, there were lot's of bad press about how he handled the program (similar to this article), and he was blowing up in post-game pressers and still crowing about Champions of Life, I think he would be looking FCS.

3. TDVol1989

Muschamp won the East so he has an accomplishment.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

When?

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

edit: my mistake, he made the Sugar Bowl that year but lost the tiebreaker in the East

6. TDVol1989

Actually he tied in 2012 Record Wise, but lost the tiebreaker. My bad.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Finished the season ranked #9.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This is what I'm hoping happens.

9. The only one I would trust is Shoop to bring in his people.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

+1, would do it again and am considering it.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

11. Both I would think...

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Article also fails to point out just how bad the East is. Dooley may not have won as many games, but I'd say he faced more talented competition.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm honestly not sure what I would do with more than a million dollars per year. I could do whatever I wanted on that. Maybe I've just got simple million dollar taste...

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Dooley definitely got the short end of the West rotation. In 2011, our three West opponents were the two title game participants and the Sugar Bowl representative

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You'd chase the second even harder.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I could spend a half billion dollars in three weeks, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't be perfectly happy making 40k a year doing something I could take pride in and not having to carry that stress home with me.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I highly doubt it. And I promise I'm not saying that to brag on myself in any way. To the contrary. A million bucks is a lot, and I'd get lazy if I were comfortable. My need for achievement is lower than most mens'.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Same here. My desire for money is solely to do and buy shit. I'm not breaking my balls simply to accumulate dollars. Give me a million dollars and I guarantee you I can make that shit last while still being happy as hell with how I'm living.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You give the rest to me.

20. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Posted this article on Facebook. Was met with response by two Butch supporters who said: firing him means setting the program back, 8-4 isn't that bad, we've sucked for 20 years so stop being delusional, Gruden was never coming here, etc. And this from two otherwise intelligent people.

I hate our fanbase.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016