Troy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In the midst of all, we do have a game this weekend that we are completely capable of losing if we decide to mail it it.

Troy is averaging 292 yards a game in the air, and considering we just gave up 363 to a team averaging 227 a game (with the 363 yard performance included in there), I think it's safe to say that's it's very feasible we could see a 400 yard passing performance this week***.

General Neyland may just roll over in his grave when this one ends Saturday. I'm fully expecting a very high scoring affair. While UT should win, if we decide to come out with a "woe us me" attitude, we could have Wyoming all over again.

***- As I've mentioned before, Corey Robinson was born and grew up in my hometown before his family moved to outside of Paducah. I don't know him, but I know a lot of his family very well, so there is a part of me that wants to see the hometown kid do well this weekend.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Considering it took direct intervention by the gods for Greece to beat Troy, I'll wager that merely showing up wont be enough. Also, Greece had Achilles spearheading their effort and we've got [ddiapos].

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Troy just lost to the 2nd worst team East of the Mississippi. In the last 2-3 years, they've pretty much just mailed it in for their November SEC paycheck game.

We'll see what happens, but I can't see this being close unless Dooley decides to Dooley.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I have no idea who this Robinson kid is. But, if he plays offense, I suspect he'll have a career day.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

From what I know, he has functioning body parts and an ability to tell north from south. So, yeah, it doesn't look good for us.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Everyone else has that has played against us so far this year...

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Corey is alright but his stats are inflated by playing in air raid offense. He's been hurt the last 2 weeks but he'll more than likely have a career day against us. UT should be able to score over 50 points and win easily

8. CardinalVol

He got the hell knocked out of him by WKU. I just happened to have it on when he got knocked out, and it hurt me to watch it.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll take Troy and the points as well as the over on this game.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saw computer rankings for each team going into last weekend.

UT 69th
    Troy 70th

Don't know about this week.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Amazing

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

As in horrific?

:)

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

No it's great stuff

14. Tar Volon

Did all the posts after 4 PM just go to the 8th level of hell?

15. Milo

Milo New Member

Fireworks

16. CardinalVol

Any post during the downtime got sent to the big 8thmaxim in the sky when it switched.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The real question is how the heck did you post during that time?

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We should've used the Gameday Chat room. I went in there a couple of times to see if anyone else was in there.

19. Tar Volon

The site came back online for about an hour between 8:30 and 9:30, but then it went down again and all the posts during that span disappeared.

20. CardinalVol

You think mods have to abide the same rules you simpletons do?