TX QB Quinten Dormady just committed

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Oldvol75, Jun 9, 2014.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

He's listed as a pro-style QB. Any concerns with him running the read-option?

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It is like small college ball.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm sure he'll be fine.

4. I don't think so. He seems to be a pretty athletic guy.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

especially since it's a no-read no-option hey oh!

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a pretty good baseball player but I believe he quit after tearing his labrum.

247 guys are in love with his arm

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

**** the whole state of Texas

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm with you. Nearest no place I've ever been.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm not saying he will be as good as these guys, but I would say he's like an Andrew luck/Matt stafford QB. Great arm and can run if need be. He won't burn by you, but he's fast enough to move the chains.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

luck is a hell of a lot faster than 4.7 hand timed. he ran a 4.6 at the combine. his problem is his running vision stinks.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He runs like a fullback.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I didn't say they were the same just one of the first names that popped into my head.

13. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Yeah we just aren't in a position to play the wait and see game until NSD with Gibson like AU is. With Ferguson transferring and CBJ not signing a QB last year, he really needed to make sure that he got a good one early (preferably an EE).

I do think we will still recruit TG but I'd say the chances of signing him are pretty low ATP.

BTW, Dormady has extremely good footwork for a QB his size. Here's a video from a few months ago at some camp. I was impressed. I think he can be more than adequate tucking the football a few times a game.

http://www.nextlevelathlete.com/nla-100/showcase-mvps?vc=Quarterbacks&vk=Hna0itqx

14. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Hubbs on what happens now with 5* QB Torrance Gibson

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Soph Stats: 3000+ pass yards 27 TD's

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

[video=youtube;R4YacfY_uLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YacfY_uLE[/video]

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

While in town, he also got to spend time with Super Bowl champion Jon Gruden. The message was simple and rang true for Dormady who was already feeling like Knoxville could be home.

"His words to me were if I find a better place then take it," Dormady said. "I had a huge feeling about Tennessee. Getting back up there really made everything click. You can tell he is really passionate about Tennessee. He told us about his wife. He has a passion for the University."

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The didn't play a year and huge arm stuff and being from Texas is making me think Nick Stephens. Ugh.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stephens wasn't this highly thought of by anybody though.