UGA

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I just can't shake the feeling that Butch is going to stumble into a win, and then act smug as hell for the next couple weeks.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I fully expect this. My only question is whether or not it'll stick around through South Carolina or not

3. cpninja

cpninja Member

What's the rundown on Smart? I watch as little jawja football as possible, but it seemed like most considered him a muschamp-level dumbass last year? Is he actually a good coach or just stumbling through a conference/division in shambles?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Their defense looked legit badass on Saturday.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's recruiting his ass off. The defense doesn't consistently play well, but when they're on, they're elite.

Jim Chaney is his oc

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Last year he struggled with a lot of the logistical parts of running a program.

He seems way more confident and comfortable this year. I still think the jury's still out on him.

He has the best offensive line coach in the conference though and Chaney isn't bad till he forgets he has NFL talent at running back.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Smart isn’t an idiot.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I remember the way he made a point to go hug Dobbs in front of the camera while Dobbs was celebrating with the students. If we win this year he’s going to act like it’s the biggest win in school history.

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We get our ass handed to us this week. Butch has been lucky vs GA, not good. His luck runs out and the universe begins to right itself this Saturday.

GA 47
    TN 16

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

And in the words of the legendary Bobby Heenan... He just moved the immovable object.

We couldn't whip half of Georgia's ass Saturday if their other half was helping. UGA 42 - 17

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

35-24 uga with a Tennessee garbage time td.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tennessee punts late, UGA guy muffs it, UT recovers in endzone. Jones acts like he planned it that way.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I think we play it close to half time then the wheels fall off and will become a rout.

15. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

UGA looked mighty good against MS ST. I think UGA-UT is going to look like last Saturday's Bama-Vandy.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I doubt we beat them that badly.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I just don't believe Tennessee can make the plays at QB to win this game. We no longer have the ability to improvise when a play breaks down...that's where Donna was most dangerous.

Georgia 38
    Vols 20

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Prima?

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Agree 100%. Donna aint walking though that door.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sorry. *Pre-ma