UK Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 10, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I’m loving the Kentucky tears

Volgrad98 likes this.
  2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Me too. My buddy from the bar has to have a Vols phone home screen for the next month. We bet and he lost. He he.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sometimes OCs outsmart themselves. Keep it simple. I imagine that's part of what caused the Pruitt rage

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

ancillary thought: the quality of the turf is better this year.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Outstanding win and response from last week and even back to letting one go at SC.

5.5 a carry on offense
    2.2 on defense

7-5 is a legit possibility again. Not making a bowl would be a letdown again.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If you want some more entertainment, Benny Snell had a Players Tribune article last week and boy, did that ever age well.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There were a few games I was legit embarrassed by the field.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

8. There’s a lot of arrogant assed UK fans going home today or tomorrow and I’m not going to miss a [dadgum]ed one of them.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. And it was even kind of dangerously bad at times.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Without being able to use their “wait until basketball season” line as well. Going to be some cousins slapped as soon as they walk in the trailer.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m not sure we’ve had a game like this since 2009, where we were playing a solid team, not really expected to win, and we just dominated from start to finish. Butch got us an upset, but an upset win and a 60-minute performance like this really shows the peaks in the first season in a way we haven’t seen since Lane.

The defense didn’t have a lot of a challenge, with Kentucky being one-dimensional and run down, but they rose to the challenge and played perhaps their best game of the season. The offense did have a real challenge, and they answered the bell.

I still expect Missouri to hang quite a few on us, and there’s still a possibility that our season could end on a sour note. But 7-5 is legit on the table, and that wasn’t the case this morning. We have seen some good coaching this year. Not enough to guarantee that Pruitt is the guy long-term, but we’ve had a couple very nice high marks this season. And honestly, the low marks haven’t necessarily been coaching-related (e.g. losing all the fumbles against Florida). It’s encouraging for sure

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Missouri will step on their [Richards] because they have Dooley on staff. Our secondary has flashes of getting lost at times, especially when it looks like we are playing palms. But that’s to be expected with a young group under a new defense... even 10 games in.

We can’t have busts this week. No busts and we win this one.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The thought of losing to Botch and Dooley in the same year is painful.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm dying laughing. I'm a little dumb.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Losing to Bama was in no way, shape or form due to anything Lyle brought to the table. If... IF we lose to Mizzou I’ll grudgingly give a modicum of credit to ddiapos, but only grudgingly.

warhammer and InVolNerable like this.
  18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I didn’t see a replay of how it happened but i was worried for him. Glad he didn’t get an Inky Johnson type injury

vols4sure likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When you don't have a dickhead wanting it cut short and in game shape 365 a year, the turf does well here.

Everything that dipshit touched went sour.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you imagine being a coach at a major football program and micromanaging the [uck fay]ing turf over the advice of dedicated experts?