POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Taibbi is not one to buy BS corporate media narratives. Like him or not, that’s just not accurate.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m not talking about Taibbi or the other journalists listed

Aaron mate did a good job covering the Russian collision bullshit with Trump even though he hates Trump.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you make of gas prices declining in Europe?

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Mate did not do a good job on the Russian "collusion" stuff and neither did Taibbi, as they both dismissed pretty clear levels of Russian involvement. Mate is especially loathsome in his acquiescence for authoritarian regimes in Russia and China, including denialism on the Uighur genocide.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Luckily for them they’ve experienced mild temperatures on top of the recession has dampened demand.

hopefully for them they continue to experience a mild winter with lower demand

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

They withdrew it, haha.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That gun is something.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m guessing 50 BMG but that’s one hell of a can on it.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I looked it up, 14.5x114 mm Soviet/Russian round, compare to 50 BMG - 12.7×99 mm. So of that ilk but a bit bigger. Good eye.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Poland will have some level of symmetric response. It's gonna take more than a couple errant missiles to blow it open. But if Russia continues to be sloppy it could get there relatively quickly.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What is considered a reasonable margin of error for a missle? Reading a bit of information online, it seems initially most people thought that closest logical possible target was 50 kms away. Seems a bit far off the mark, but I admittedly don't know much about this stuff.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

On a personal note, I'm glad my wife and I decided against that trip in a couple of weeks that would have taken us into Poland for a couple of days.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not sure. But it will take more than that for shock and awe.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

With old Russian equipment, "reasonable" isn't relevant. If a missile malfunctions while traveling 900 mph at 30,000 ft, 50 km isn't much.

warhammer, NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.