UNC Game

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Dec 15, 2017.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Reverted back to the VolNation mean.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Don't guess I knew you over there.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Dude stop. All offensive rebounds aren’t equal and weren’t worth all the ones he gave up. How’d you like tho o board where he went back up with weak left and got housed?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This team appears to have average talent and lacks both a consistent scorer and mental toughness. They just fold when the pressure hits.

So many wasted possessions in the second half, just dribbling at the top of the key until the shot clock was at 5.

At no point did I feel like Tennessee commanded - much less was going to win - that game.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Lack of big man recruiting is glaring.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He played 14 minutes and got us 6 extra possessions at minimum with tipped balls, rebounds, a block and a steal. So what a freshman got blocked by defending champs.

7. Tenacious D

My ignorance of all things basketball is wide and well-known. But it was obvious that Grant Williams wasn't going to consistently score down low....and they.....just.....kept....forcing....it to him.

If UNC is the 7th best team in college hoops right now, I'll kiss anyone's ass. They were less terrible than we were.

That inbounds play was the backbreaker. Our tenuously held momentum was completely lost right there, and it was ballgame.

We were outscored by 11 in the 2nd.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No he didn’t get us 6 extra. Bet he was negative. Stop with the stat sheet silliness. You clearly didn’t see it.

9. Ssmiff

Dude stop....Just stop...give me a break. Bilas mentioned same thing I did. Maybe it's you who can't see.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bilas said more stupid shit than imaginable. You’re clearly being a clown about this. In fact, this is a better board when you’re being this caliber of clown on VN.

11. Ssmiff

I think 4 orbs, block, steal and assist in 14 minutes for the 9th player in the rotation are decent minutes. Call me whatever. I don't tend to have to make debates personal.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bilas is a complete idiot.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They weren’t decent minutes.

14. Ssmiff

That's fine man it's not that big of a deal.

15. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

College basketball is bad in general. UNC is without a doubt one of the best teams in the country

Tenacious D and IP like this.
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He was really good in Chapel Hill last year, so I have hope for him, but yesterday wasn’t great for sure

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You’re full of shit. Place was rocking

18. Tenacious D

No, it wasn't. It was a bunch of people sitting on their hands, and I can only recall twice that more than half the crowd stood up for a defensive stop.

Up your standards, place was a crypt.

So, respectfully, get [uck fay]ed.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yes, he looked good, at times, as a freshman before the injury. For whatever reason he just doesn't look like he's returned to form. Really need him to.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Everything about this is wrong