Unique opportunity starts this week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 7, 2011.

1. IP

IP "You don't know what it is like in our universe."

We are playing in a game this week that would serve as a platform to squeeze into the top 25 right before playing #1 LSU at home. The next week, we play #2 Alabama.

Should the unthinkable happen, we could have the opportunity of playing the #1 team two weeks in a row. Playing well in the coming stretch could easily vault Tennessee's perception nationally to a height that has been missing since the Kiffin year, and in a purely positive light that we haven't experienced since perhaps 2004.

It is obviously practically impossible for us to go at least 2-1 over the next 3 games, but it is an opportunity nonetheless.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Haven't thought of it that way, IP.

Helluva chance if the stars could align.

3. Vader

Vader New Member

I have been telling my friend at work who is an OU grad that he is going to be really happy with us after we beat the #1 team in the country two weeks in a row.

I can almost get through the sentence with a straight face after lots of practice.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm scared if Dooley wins against Bama or LSU he'll get a lifetime contract

I'm being sarcastic by the way

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If Dooley beats both Bama and LSU, I might name a kid after him.

Also joking.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It is a good opportunity, unfortunately I think they can string together two near perfect performances and still go 0-2 in that stretch. Then again, Kentucky was number 2 a few years ago after winning some games they weren't supposed to, so who knows

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee goes 2-2 they are a legit threat to win the east.

8. vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar Member

2-2 is what I'd like to see, and i think this game and the USCjr games are the ones we have to win