UT finally ranked again

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This ain't 1994.... There isn't anyone on the schedule UT can afford to take lightly...

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Forgive me for my floccinaucinihilipilification of a #25 ranking with this stacked of a team.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The big question mark is Fuente's impact, I think he's got potential to be really good but I'm not sure he's good enough to overcome the rather large talent deficit.

I listed the game as a toss-up but I'm kinda backing off on that. It isn't a true 50/50 game. UT could certainly lose the game but it's probably closer to a 70/30 game.

4. GahLee

What's crazy is that record wise, we are right where most believed we would be, we could finish 9-4 and possibly in the top 15. I think most would think that is improvement, because it is, it's just being so damn close to being so much more that is frustrating.

We should be 10-2. No other way around it.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're getting your money's worth out of that word of the day calendar.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The staff has left wins on the table every year here.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Yay! #25

Blue text

Blue text text

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Just as quick as lyle says we should be 10-2 I say that by the shortest curly we are 6-6. USC and UGA were absolute gifts.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

****ing right I am.

10. GahLee

True. We were as close to 6-6 as we were 10-2.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Tennessee has more talent hands down but that was true this year too still the results weren't there. VT recruiting class's rank the Top 20-30 but players tend to rise

I think Fuente's impact will be immediate. After Larry Porter's departure he had much less to work w/ in Memphis and made relatively quick end roads and of course Foster's D's are almost always nasty. Quite a formidable and talented duo

I think they surprise people in '16

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meh, he went 4-8 then 3-9 his first two years at Memphis State.

I think he is a good coach and will do very well at Tech, but I don't know if he'll rewrite the history books next year, as much as I joke about it.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Different circumstances. Porter, actually West (2-10 last yr) didn't do Porter any favors, but anyway Porter went what 1-11 and 2-10 before Fuente? VT is nowhere near that level of bad or talent depleted

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Just read that his 10 win season was the first for Memphis since '38, 76 yrs, that's one helluva dry spell

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Meh. Nothing done there will ever top Tommy West's presser on the way out the door.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

That was a great moment, not just for West or Memphis football but football in general. However, some would argue November 09, 1996

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

That wasn't great for me.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And now we aren't ranked. That's odd.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Alvarez had to get those Badgers in at 25.

20. Volalum

Volalum Member

CFP final poll not out until 3pm.