UTSA Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 23, 2023.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I went back and put myself through some of the Florida game and they were mostly in a 3-3-5 or Nickel. I misremembered because it always seemed like our runs ended with around 8 blue jerseys around ball carrier within seconds.

Regardless, we struggle blocking 4-5 against everyone so stacking box isn't needed. I retract my earlier point.

LawVol16 likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

means we would have 1 v 1 on every wr with no safety help.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't know how we're going to do it but I feel like this will be a beat down.

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If we didn't have GOAT Milton, I'd agree. I have little to no confidence in him hitting those nor any WR not named Bru bringing them down.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Stop

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His best throw is deep when teams man up and dare him to do it.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Keyton has missed one in 3 years with Milton.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He had a rough patch the other night but again the actual throwing of the football has mostly been on point. Some people are just never going to put that Pitt game out of their minds.

VolDad likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am at the point where I think playcalling is a factor. Now, do they call it differently due to him? I don't know. But we seem hell bent on doing those wide screens even when they aren't sitting back. Need to turn the page and start working in slants and drags instead.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

I think they’re a little worried about him throwing slants & drags. Tbh they didn’t do it all that often with Hooker.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You lose games if you can't throw slants to punish man.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

You lose them faster if a howitzer bounces off a guy’s hands and gets picked

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How much man have we seen this year?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not a lot, but is that not what USC jr and Georgia both did last year? And at times pressed?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alright, guess we will just run screens and bombs.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

It kinda is what it is

justingroves likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wonder what the stats are on ints on slants vs other routes. I’m assuming with qbs misreading defenses, missing a zone blitz, tipped balls and lbs dropping into the window, it’s likely the most common pass intercepted. Let’s just keep going deep and get their dbs tired.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The whole offense hinges on how the first play of the drive goes. We get 4+ and we're going to get momentum going and score. We don't and it's probably 3 and out.

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The offense is being handicapped by calling a predetermined play in the passing game instead of allowing options routes.

Is that to protect the OL or being limited by Milton’s processing is the biggest question

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

If I was in charge, 50 wheel routes in a row

VOLinDAWGland and Volsdude like this.