UVA, FLorida game times announced

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 31, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not thrilled with either.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I can’t believe that UVA is at noon.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently ESPN chose SCAR-UNC for their opening week prime time game.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well that happens when you roll over in Columbia

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Bingo. You're exactly right.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Gonna be hotter’n 2 rats screwing in a wool sock

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

bout to say it could be 110+ on the field. Va defense is gonna be laying on the field on the 2nd drive.

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Noon, against UVA, at a neutral site. Sounds like the perfect recipe for a brutally boring slog of a game. I suppose you're way less apt for those kind of no shows with Heupel as the coach, but still.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

$60 plus fees to get in upper deck right now. I had titans tix a few rows from the top the first couple years and noon september games it was 137 degrees up there.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Neutral site games, outside of bowl games, are of Satan and need to be rebuked and banned at all times.

lumberjack4 and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I really wished that they had kept the BYU game. I understand the reasons, but going to Provo would have been excellent trip and much better test.

Memtownvol and InVolNerable like this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I bet this game is boring and closer than it should be.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I can picture us looking slopy and feeling frustrated while getting sun burnt now. Pro tip as someone who is incredibly familiar with Nissan Stadium: anyone going needs to do everything in their humanly power to get tickets alongside the Titans home sideline somewhere between the 30 yard lines in either the club or lower level. Unless people love frying in the sun, during September games that specific patch of seating will be the only shaded place throughout the duration of the game. Avoid the endzones, upper deck and entire away side unless you are Vitamin D deficient and are in need of plenty of sunlight absorption.

InVolNerable likes this.
  14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I don’t think you appreciate how bad UVA is. It’s the first game of the year, so Tennessee May not be firing on all cylinders. However, I’d be shocked if it’s remotely close heading into the fourth quarter.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I just don't know why we couldn't throw together a home and home with UVA instead. Two easy wins theoretically. Even though I live in Nashville and could walk to this game, I'd much prefer to make the 3 hour drive to Knoxville and enjoy the opening weekend in Neyland Stadium as God intended. I also detest taking a home game away from the local Knoxville economy that many local businesses heavily relies on to put them into the black overall each year. Only having 7 home games instead of 8 or whatever is actually a huge deal to many establishments.

Lord knows I love me some Nashville, however Tennessee belongs in Knoxville always. They have zero business playing games in Nashville outside of playing Vandy every two years.

Plus, playing a game in Virginia isn't the worst idea ever from a recruiting exposure POV in a state full of talent we'd gladly want to sign up to play for UT.

justingroves likes this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And playing at the Swamp at night makes me incredibly nervous. We have literally never won a night game in the Swamp in my entire life-if ever in our entire school's history. And as big as that game will be for us, it will be even more important to Florida this year. Napier and UF knows they desperately need that game in order to turn the narrative surrounding them around and likely will throw the entire kitchen sink at us.

On paper we should win by 10-14 at least, but I've seen things go disastrously wrong in that hellhole of a stadium too many times to automatically assume we are going to win. I was 10 years old the last time we beat them in Gainesville.

Tar Volon likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] the gators, we will stomp them.

ole_orange and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They’ve played at night in the swamp 4 times since 1991. Unlike those 4 previous matchups, Tennessee is better across the board.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They've got a young DC that will use that evening to make a name for himself. I expect him to open the game doing everything from the unorthodox to the downright bizarre in an attempt to see what works.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We owe them a generational run of mud stompings. Florida children deserve to grow up not knowing what it's like to beat the Vols in football for karmic retribution over what those bastards did to us throughout nearly my entire childhood. This 90s/20-ougt Vol will always hate that school with the intensity of a thousand burning suns. There was a time pre-Saban where the Gators was the Alabama game for me.

Tar Volon, Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.