Vandy win or lose.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TRUVOL, Nov 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Stop it.............:mad:

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Haha

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

On one side you can look at Robinette's numbers over 1 partial and 2 full games and not be intimidated in the least. 30-55 380 yards 1 TD 3 INT in 3 games. 30 rushes for 43 yards.

Dobbs' numbers from just about the same amount of game-time: 47-79 443 yards 0 TD 3 INT. 20 rushes for 114 yards.

On the other side you have UT defending him so he could go for 20 rushes and 95 yards against us.

Regardless, that Florida loss to Vandy is a lot like the Florida loss to Miami. They outgain their opponent almost 2-1 but lose due to turnovers. If UT guards the ball well and doesn't turn it over with a short field, UT should win. Night game at Neyland coming off a Bye with everything on the line work out in UT's favor.

If Carta-Samuels somehow is active and healthy, I like our chances less.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds lame, but I wouldn't hate it if Kentucky got as physical as they realistically can get with Vandy in hopes of an SEC win. We could use a break or two.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Vandy goes 3 OT in a win against Kentucky and UT rests over a Bye week.

I like it.

7. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

You like vandy winning or you like our chances of beating them? I hope we beat them just don't see it. I would love to see us win the game on a last second field goal or td to win the game just to really piss Franklin off. Lets see him talk shit to fans after the game like he did when eric gordon got the winning td.

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

After watching that sorry excuse for a game between UK and Vandy, I feel good about beating them both handily.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You don't think maybe Vandy was lookin ahead?

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Last minute field goal? Not me, I'd beat them by 7 TD's if possible. I used to not feel this way but I want them to take a sound beating.

11. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

. Like the one we took last year? Lol Tru

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Either way, the Tennessee defense will still be out there.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

23-16 Vols

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Vandy doesn't have the speed on offense to torch UT's defense like Auburn, Oregon and Missouri. They've had a week off, it's a must win for bowl eligibility and they're at home so there is no reason to lose this game.

Vols 27-17

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Vandy has managed to get through 2 SEC seasons without winning a big game. They lost to both Ole Miss and A&M from their west draw and beat a heavily injured Georgia team, a Florida team that sucks, Kentucky and some shitty OOC teams.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Three ugly gms. Interested to see how they respond. Need to come out and establish themselves early. Be physical. Stay focused. Disciplined.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Serious?

No big game credit for Georgia? Florida in the swamp?

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I bet the swamp wasn't even half full.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Didn't both of those teams beat UT?

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Regardless, those are contract extension wins at Vanderbilt.