VN deleted a thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 3, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jewbacca, you are a forum nomad. If they don't appreciate your contributions, you know there are several other places that do. You can post whatever you want here. Even Israeli-Palestinian geopolitics. This place was created for free conversation and battling ideas.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I understand this sentiment, but I would point you towards the recruits that signed on and early-enrolled to play for Kiffin's emerging juggernaut, and were then locked in to play for [ddiapos].

If we hire a big, big name I don't care. If we pull another Dooley move on kids, shame on us.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

PM Freak and ask him.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I see what you did there.....

5. I got banned because volmanbill to a private message personally.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

IP thank you for the vote of confidence...

Regarding screwing over recruits I guess I am at the point as a UT fan we have to do what we have to do to be good again. We are not harming their future but are only burdening their personal preference. If they are NFL quality they have as good chances here as anywhere of making it.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

A coaching change could absolutely affect their shot at an NFL future.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

If they are good then they are good. I mean maybe for a WR but otherwise I disagree.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It's about what the player thinks. They should feel comfortable. They shouldn't have to trust Hart's judgment, even if we're sure we have a winner.

Hopefully a coach could convince them he can get them to the next level, but it would be unfair to not let the recruit make that call.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

They are not livestock but they are not being tortured. And they might actually play in front of 100k instead of the 70k we might face next year.

11. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

say what?

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

It is not exactly bait and switch...we need to land a big time guy it takes time to real that type in...we need time. We cannot make a decision now. We could do it in January but then the guy would have one month to convince recruits to stay. I mean if we get the guy in January I am ok with taking that risk but he better be a big name. If it is Strong or Sumlin types bait and switch is what I want.

The needs of the many sometimes outweigh the needs of the few or the one....

13. *took* not *to*

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If UT replaced Dooley right after signing day, all those recruits should be able to transfer with a release if they wanted to.

15. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Is that the rule? What is the rule exactly if some has it on cp just handy per chance?

16. JayVols

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn- 'Spock's farewell address'

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not sure of a rule, but the NCAA can step in and release them from their LOI if they wanted to.

If a player wanted to leave after a coaching change like that, I doubt the NCAA would hold them back

18. JayVols

I am not advocating the bait and switch, but does that apply if they have attended the 1st day of class? I just recall some issues with that during the Kiffin departure.

19. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

If they have attended class I am pretty sure they are stuck...second where would they go after sining day...classes would be full in the SEC...it would be a small list of choices. If we had a big name they would likely just stay.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's early enrollees and I'm still not 100% sure those guys could have left and not had to sit out at least a semester because of it. The DT from South Carolina (Corey Miller's teammate) bounced around all over the place after Kiffin left.

For a player enrolling in the summer, he could apply for a waiver and not miss any time. I don't see the NCAA not granting it in after an obvious bait and switch like Jewie is suggesting.