Vols and Gonzaga play at 9 pm tonight

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by A-Smith, Oct 28, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They called a bunch of fouls geez

3. JohnnyQuickkick

Well after watching that I see no reason to believe basketball isn’t also going undefeated

NorrisAlan, VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

With the additions of Key and Phillips, the pieces are there for another great season.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Thanks for the reporting.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did Plavsic look as good in game as he did in the highlights?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

He is just too damn slow defensively

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not really. He got pushed around quite a bit.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Awaka, on the other hand, will be a beast here.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I thought Uros held his own just fine. Looked comfortable backing down his man a couple times.
    100% from floor. 13 pts/4 assists/3 rebounds is a good line against Gonzaga. Timme only scored 17 and most were with 5 or more fouls.

IP likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Against #2. If he's putting in 10 points a game, we are probably winning the conference.

justingroves likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not if his defense and rebounding suck.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Uros looked good offensively, but you have to take into account at one point they let him dribble drive from the free throw line to the rim uncontested for a layup.

He was getting abused defensively by Timme the first half. But that’s expected, the guy is an AA. After Timme got into foul trouble he was holding his own and even blocked him once, but I think Timme was off at that point. He was throwing up bricks left and right.

He didn’t record many rebounds. Just too slow to recover after contesting anything. His hands looked good. Normally he fumbles a lot of those passes but caught them all clean, even in traffic. Had some nice assists.

14. Ssmiff

Timme was 8-18 and same rebounds as Uros.
    When Uros and NK are on the court, NK is going to get more rebounds as he goes to get the ball. Uros will be blocking out the big man and ball needs to come to him to rebound.
    I’ll take the way he played on both ends vs Gonzaga every game.
    And if he’s playing D on a guy missing 10 shots, it’s likely someone else is rebounding.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Vols were in better cardio shape than the Zags. That's one thing happened in the second half. First half is, unfortunately, a better barometer for most of the guys.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Plavsic is serviceable. But he is worse than Nkamhoua. He is worse than Aidoo. By midseason he will be worse than Awaka.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

He’s certainly come a long way. I probably won’t be annoyed to seem him out there anymore if he can play like that or even close to it.

18. Ssmiff

NK is a stretch 4. Uros is down low 5.
    Aidoos added shot from 3 can help and his shotblocking, but Uros is better offensively down low with his little hook for now, better passer and pick setter, so more comes into it for me when I compare players.
    Awaka certainly looks strong and will be a beast in the boards.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

..didn’t mean that to sound the way it reads with what I look for. People just tend to look generally at a player, and specifically, remember when some players mess up more than others. We all do it.
    For those who said Uros was pushed around and didn’t look that good, he was 80/20 good to not as good plays. Hell he was guarding an AA who can stretch out to 3. Timme is going to spin and hook and up and under everybody he plays and I don’t foresee many big men playing him better. He scored or assisted for 23 pts and freed up other shooters with strong picks.
    If he stops giving us this effort, different story. Dude has to be like 24 now doesn’t he?

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I can easily imagine a world where we decide that losing Fulkerson made the team better.