We make look back as this being the day before the apocalypse.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It wouldn't be so bad if it just didn't come off as him trying to sell to us that he isn't a shitty coach, and that it's just youth/talent messing up his game planning.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're right Beech. Any rational person realizes the CDD took over a dumpster fire. I just get tired to CONSTANTLY hearing about it from Dooley. He knew what he was getting in to when he signed the dotted line. IT'S HIS JOB to do something about it. That's why he was hired. Quit sounding like a whiny ass all the time with the 'woe is me' routine. You accepted the responsibility to rebuild. You are playing with much less than a full deck. You knew that coming in. We didn't sell you a false set of goods. I agree with 53 too. Call out a stud that is half-assing around. Don't throw your players under the bus to save your own ass though. After all, isn't part of coaching developing bad players into average players, making average players into good players, and turning good players into great players? Do I have that all wrong? If UT was loaded, anyone with half of a football mind could win with them. Players figure out who is with them when it's nut cutting time. Well, the knife is ready to slice the scrotum in Knoxville, and I'm not convinced that the players think CDD has their back. I wouldn't kill myself for someone that is only looking out for their best interests at the expense of the team. That and lack of overall player development are my two biggest my biggest beefs with Dooley.

End rant. At least I feel a bit better.

3. JayVols

53, sounds like Beech, you, and I are of like minds in this situation.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

As a coach I just know that I never fault a kid that's giving me his all. I'll call out a kid that is half-assing or being lazy though in a heart beat. The kid will either turn it up or quit, either one of those things are alright, but you can't win with people not buying into the program.

I understand that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit, but I don't need to hear the damn recipe every week.

5. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

We won't lose to ky. This team isn't going to let these seniors give up the streak on the last game of their final season.

I dread going up for the game tomorrow. The last home game of the season is always kinda sad. I wait all year for football season to get there, and then all of a sudden it's done. No more magnets on the car. No more orange flooded sea of people. No more singing Rocky Top with thousands of my closest friends.

Tomorrow will be the last time I get to see my Vols on the field in Neyland Stadium in 2011. Regardless of how the season went, it always makes me sad.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's why there is basketball, Signing Day, and the Orange/White game... to get you to summer. Then before you know it, it's August again.

7. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

That's the logic I use every year. :) Gotta remember to take a jacket to the O&W game this year regardless of what kind of weather we're supposed to have.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jay is reigning down the fire of truth all over the forum today.

9. Dooley has been quick to throw players under the bus since day one. Not once have I heard him lay ANY blame on the coaching staff.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Seconded on that.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I wish I could find this optimism with this team.

12. Beechervol

+1

13. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

It's easy. You just decide how you would rather spend your time leading up to it. Either happy anticipation, or dread. Kentucky is beatable. And the team needs the win.

14. Beechervol

Oh I don't dread UK. They ain't Bama or LSU.
    But as bad as they are, and as fragile as we are right now, its not a given. If we were healthy id feel different.

The ESPN crew just pick Vandy across the board to win tonight.

15. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

And Corso said the F word. lol

16. JayVols

Just came to see if anyone eldest saw that billy. Looks like we may have seen the last of Corso. His only out could be to blame the stroke. Herbie's and Fowler's reactions were priceless.

17. JayVols

*Else

*Volly

I hate autocorrect and my fat ass fingers trying to type on a small touchscreen.

18. Beechervol

He has moments where you can tell he is not really in control of his mind anymore. He has always said goofy stuff which kinda throws you off, but this is different.

Edit: this was directed toward Corso, not Jay. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  19. Beechervol

Yeah, who's billy?

20. JayVols

I lulled at your edit Beech. The same has been and probably will be again applied to me. I'm used to it.