Welcome to the CuonZone!

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Vol2424, Feb 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

[video=youtube;OV-pi_vUdtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-pi_vUdtY[/video]

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Feel bad for Martin. Wish he was better at his job.

4. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Yep. No doubt he's one of the good guys.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

However, he cannot coach a lick (or is pulling a Dooley and is actively trying not to coach. But I doubt that very much) and his demeanor is boring as hell. The two greatest coaches in UT history have also been slick salesman and Circus Ringleaders. That is what we need here, I am afraid.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Martin is a man of convictions. Dooley is a man of connections.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

[video=youtube;z6ApObKl0s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ApObKl0s8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

All you have to do is look at the at large teams who have played in Dayton since the field was expanded to see what the bottom of the field is all about.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

haha awesome.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I like it. Can't corch. Hired an idiotic staff.

Seriously, Dooley hired a better staff.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The most beautiful moment of Dooley's tenure (outside of the day he was canned) was when he couldn't find anyone willing to work for him other than a JUCO guy, an insurance agent, and some guy looking to get the hell outta The Citadel.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It was pretty pathetic how the orange glasses crowd defended those coaches as diamonds in the rough just like every 2*-no* player the piece of shit brought in.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

All the while claiming that Dooley couldn't hire big name coaches because of fan negativity.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Very convenient, no?

15. Funny story. I had a roommate at UT who worked in the marketing department. I remember, early in Martin's career, that someone floated the idea to rename the student section (the standing one) "The Cuonzone". The idea was reportedly shot down very quickly by the rest of the people in the meeting.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Rocky Top Rowdies is a true gem. Can't go replacing it.

17. Even if they had replaced it, nothing would ever top Ericberry4heisman.com.

Or *shudders* Smokey's on the prowl...

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think we should ever talk about Smokey's on the Prowl. Ever. It didn't happen.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Thought it was pretty badass - but I was pretty young when we had it.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That was the most embarrassing shit ever. Dog sounded like he was in heat or something.