What games are folks going to this year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Mar 29, 2012.

1. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

I'll be at the bama game.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Let me know if you're not going to be in Nashville.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Will do

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I can pretty much only commit to Vandy right now since it's 10 min. down the street. I would like to make another game this season but that's usually on a whim so I don't know when that'll be at this point. Some of that depends on when my buddies are going cause my wife has no interest at all. Also, i've grown fond of putting the TV outside and enjoying some cold beer with friends rather than going and spending more money.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As of now I'll be taking Little Me to Ga State, going with the wife to Florida, and headed with some friends to Starkville. Other than that, it's all up in the air as of now.

6. JayVols

I will be in Nashville for the NC State game. I'll be around Opryland Hotel. Holler.

7. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

I hope to make it up to stark. Never been there before.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not going to the ATL.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I cancelled plans to go as well. Didn't feel like the drive, or the cost of lodging, parking, and tickets to see two mediocre football teams, and a reasonable chance that Tennessee might actually lose. I've been burned too many times in the Georgia Dome. Figured after a long week at work, I'd rather watch it in stunning HD, with a few buddies and bottomless whiskey drinks.

I know I'm a shitty fan.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You guys are such grown ups. I can't kick the boyhood enthusiasm that every year is the march to a national title.

I'm also an idiot.

11. JayVols

Hate it for you, but I look forward to watching a game with you. We can break down technique. That's where improvement starts.

12. JayVols

Not a true fan......

With prices these days, the HD option is perfectly fine. Now if you lived in ATL, different story.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll probably be duck hunting in Arkansas instead of going to the Vandy game and it's 20 minutes from the house.

14. JayVols

But you're out of town. And duck hunting. Excused absence, imo.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I break into cold sweats thinking about missing a game in real time. I've done it, but don't like it.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've listened to a lot of games on headphones in a treestand/duck blind.

17. JayVols

You get an instand relief from anger by blasting the shit out of something. Bonus.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Cool, Opryland is close to where I live too.

19. JayVols

I usually go to the sports bar across from Opryland. Can't remember the name.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I think you're referring to Scoreboard Bar and Grill. There is a Nashville Palace and John A's over there too but they're more live music bars than sports bars. Dave and Busters re-opened at OpryMills also.

I wish OpryMills Regal would use that Imax screen to show the games, that would be bad ass.