What Is So Great About Strong?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Dec 1, 2012.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm about to cry over that. I had to have a drink

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

All candidates are going to have some question marks, and each will scare certain members of the fan base more than others.

There's one guy that pretty much every fan was going to get behind, and we likely blew our shot with him for no reason.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Fisher can get guys to Florida State, and Strong can't get guys to Louisville. They're both trying to get talent to inferior conferences. One is succeeding, one isn't. I think the conclusions are clear.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Can we at least ALL agree that Jimbo Fisher sucks?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one would care about Fisher if he wasn't a redneck.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I know if I were from Florida, I'd prefer a cool Louisville night over going to FSU. It's a no-brainer, clearly Jimbo is the best recruiter in the NCAA to get guys there.

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Fisher sucks real bad. No Stoops will be his end.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

...or coach in the SEC.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Sadly, if we had UK's AD, we'd have Gruden right now.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I actually prefer girls with dark skin...

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The media?

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I climb on and off the Strong bandwagon. It's hard for me to pick a clear favorite from the 2nd tier list.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Would his wife be black then?

What are Vandy's standards for a white coach with a black wife? They obviously don't like it the other way around.

14. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Don't let the facts get in the way of good [itch bay]ing.

15. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Haslam: My name's Jim. And your ass ain't talkin' your way out of this shit.
    Hart: No, no, I just want you to know... I just want you to know how sorry we are that things got so ****ed up with us and Mr. Gruden. We got into this thing with the best intentions and I never...
    Haslam: [Haslam shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Charlie Strong look like?
    Hart: What?
    Haslam: What country are you from?
    Hart: What? What? Wh - ?
    Haslam: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
    Haslam: English, mother****er, do you speak it?
    Hart: Yes! Yes!
    Haslam: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
    Hart: Yes!
    Haslam: Describe what Charlie Strong looks like!
    Haslam: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more [dadgum] time!
    Hart: He... he's black...
    Haslam: Go on...
    Hart: He's bald
    Haslam: Is he going to be our coach?
    <12/1/2012>

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Took me a minute ....

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Obviously the best scene in Pulp Fiction ... one of the best scenes ever

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If it falls to Strong I could see that as a "good" hire. For it to be better than "good" he will have to assemble a "great" staff from a recruiting and coaching standpoint. You can cover up staff weaknesses at Lville and still produce more wins than the next guy.

UT has to have a "great" staff overall to erase some of its disadvantages and win in this league. IMO, Strong needs some great hires if its him.

19. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm not sure he has the stroke to hire the caliber guys you're talking about ... or that I think you're talking about

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not sure I buy the recruiting as a Strong point. If recruiting in Florida can be used to downplay Fisher and Golden (which I agree with), not sure Strong's UF experience is much proof of anything.