When Did You Officially Blow a Gasket Tonight?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Oct 29, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

1. Da'Rick Rogers dropped touchdown?
    2. A penalty and missed Palardy field goal?
    3. Waggner's decision to cut it back toward the middle on the interception?
    4. Worley's first interception?
    5. Worley's second interception?
    6. The onside kick fail?
    7. Watching Connor Shaw run with ease?
    8. Seeing Simms again?
    9. All of the above?

2. A1. When I turned on the TV, I just went ahead and got it over with.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Missed field goal.

4. punkcat

punkcat Member

After the interception, SC defense had noone on the right side of the field and we ran Poole up the middle for a loss. My neighbors heard me scream.

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm not going to lie. Tonight was probably the first game that this staff has had me actually terrified of the direction we're going in. The whole starting Worley decision ended up looking like a joke more than anything else.

To answer the original question, though....probably when we decided to go for it late in the 4th rathar than kicking the fg to make it a one possession game. Not sure how many others would agree with me, but I just thought it would have been a better move.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  6. tankervol

tankervol Member

For me it was the Da'Rick drop. Could have been a huge confidence boost for Worley.

Also, I lost it when we decided to let Simms throw on 4th down instead of a run.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

after the first drive, I just knew nothing was different. Never got mad... Just depressed i guess.

8. Honestly, it was that kickoff. Our staff literally shot the team in the foot to open the 2nd half. It went downhill from there.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The false start on 4th and 1. No excuse at all for that and not the first time it has happened this year.

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I guess I got the most upset when we went to a no huddle offense and Worley couldn't even get a play off at the end of the 3rd. no reason to go no huddle if you have to spend 25 seconds at the LOS with a team that can't go more than ten seconds lined up without getting a false start

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

When my dog pissed on my floor. I didn't notice that he had to go out.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

All of the above. I'm extremely disappointed with the entire offense. Our defense did their part in my opinion.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

none of the above, we had a chance, but shot ourselves in the foot. just glad it wasn't a blowout

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

On a good note, it was nice seeing Johnny there tonight. :)

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If Darick catches that TD pass in hands and Waggner doesn't take the worst possible line to the endzone, we probably win this game. We had the opportunities and just made too many mistakes and did do the little things like catch

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Only way it could be better is if Phil, Doug, Bill and Lane could have been there.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Plays of the game

1. Rodgers drop
    2. PW gets tackled by an OL
    3. Dooley goes for it at the 45 instead of pinning them deep and playing D
    4. The Onsides kick? WTH was that.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't want to make excuses because we played like crap, but I think it's a different game if Da'rick catches that for a TD

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yep, we would have had 10 points.