When Does Nico Start

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lumberjack4, Sep 16, 2023.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He did play better 2nd half. But on our last drive, an instinctive runner could have gotten another 1st down with 4 shots. Thin but reality

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. TDVol1989

Doesn’t look better for next year so far

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 2024 class has two highly rated offensive tackles and a highly rated center

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We’re going to need to hit the portal because Nico is going to get destroyed behind freshmen.

Daddy Gee and TDVol1989 like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know why people think Heupel wouldn't, there's three oline starters that were portal guys

6. TDVol1989

Ready to play as True FR? Next years games count too and that’s my point

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think he’ll try, just hope it looks better than this go-round.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If the alternative is what we're seeing now, they're better

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I would say I trust CJH to play Nico as soon as he’s the better option over Milton, but he did try to play Milton over Hendon Hooker which seems…not great.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. TDVol1989

Im not trying to argue but the 2024 line doesn’t project as deeper and more talented. Doesn’t meant we don’t have a few recruits but we will have to hit the portal or we won’t be better. That is my only point on that topic

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel has three portal guys starting on the 2023 oline. Why would anyone expect him not to hit the portal again?

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

We also only have 2 scholarship QBs, so you can't really lose Milton (ala Kelly Bryant) when you make the switch unless you're cool with being one injury from finishing the year with UCF's walkon or Navy Shuler trying to beat Mizzou, Georgia, and Vandy.

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. TDVol1989

First, I know that. Second, why are we so pants down at center? I think we need to make up a lot of ground there. It doesn’t mean he didn’t sign some OL portal guys. We just need to go back for 2024. My comment was that as it stands now we won’t be better off

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, I mean for a second I thought about how great it would be for Shuler to get in a lead a comeback no matter how farfetched that notion might be.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You’re not just missing a center, either, it shuffles around another couple of guys

IP likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They’ll just slide him in at starting LG unfortunately.