Why Phil should be considered interim coach after SC game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lakindofguy, Oct 14, 2012.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Would rather give Kippy a call

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I want it to happen publicly after the Bama beatdown next week. I'm tired of the uncertainty and all the hypothetical shit I'm reading (not talking about this site) and hearing. Just make it clear to the fan base, and the country, that Tennessee is not putting up with this incompetent loser anymore after this season is over.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I think it has to happen after the USCe game. That way we know the coaching search is under way and there's no need to scramble for a coach before NSD.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think Fulmer was effectively fired after Bama. Out of respect for him they did not give Bammers the satisfaction of knowing it publicly. No such respect is owed Dooley.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I wish it would be done after Alabama. Let there be no chance of a fluke upset (no matter how unlikely) prolong this miserable, pointless tenure.

I know it's probably better to wait until after South Carolina, but this is just sad. Everyone knows how this is going to end, whether it's next Monday, after South Carolina, after the season, or after next year. Dooley has never won anything of significance and never will. Just rip off the damn band aid and move on.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I thought it was just that the South Carolina game was so humiliating that they just couldn't wait any longer.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That is how I understood it.

8. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I dont think anything happens "publicly" until after the South Carolina game, but I dont see any way Dooley isnt gone. I do think it happens at the end of the this month though so it doesnt appear the guy replacing him after the season was a reason he was "forced out".

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He's not the poster we deserve, but the one we need.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. Let's face it, we needed a surrogate for some of the madness posted other places. I welcome him.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Energy message board needs one.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, no, no. It needs to happen this week or in two weeks. I'd rather lose a testicle than have to live around these bammer fans after such an event. Despite my personal feelings, it's never good to appear so weak in relation to a rival.

13. Chestbump

Chestbump New Member

I highly doubt that there will be an interim coach. It will just be announced that he will not be retained next year.

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

While I respect Fulmer until the 2001 SEC Championship game turd we dropped and the 45-17 thrashing of Michigan just after that, he is one of the main reasons that we are in this damn mess to begin with. He had his chance on our sidelines and f***ed it up.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Everyone but fulmer knew he was gone after bama