Will Tennessee Be Better Next Year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Oct 11, 2016.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

To answer the OP, no.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think UF will be worse next year.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

McElwain hasn't recruited all that well. He'll have quite a few skill players, but he's not built up the lines at all

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am telling you guys, Saban and Alabama's tentacles are all over the East, and it will stay shitty as long as the Bama incursion continues.

5. chavisut

And that defense is ridiculously upperclassmen heavy. A few juniors leave early and it is looking bare.

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Fill your liquor cabinet up or whatever else relieves your pain. This will not end well for you.

7. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Living off Muschumps defensive players. He has going to have to sacrifice defensive recruits to make that happen.

8. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

GA is curb stomping trumpet blower in recruiting this year unless that changes before signing day. JG follows this recruiting stuff more than I do. I only care about how they play after they develop in college. I always glance at the 2 4 7 team rankings to take a look at each team.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Their recruiting is slowing down. Apparently, there is no organization to anything Smart does. He'll get the Georgia kids he wants for a few years, but it's apparently a circus

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That being said, Chaney will have Eason throwing for 4,000 yards

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Getting orders from Heir Saban to keep UGA in the shitter.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I know Saban runs the whole show at Bama but I don't get how you work for him for so long and nothing rubs off.

13. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Most of our NFL draft players are injured right now. It "could" be a better team next year. I don't think 9-3+ is out of the realm of possibilities.

14. chavisut

The talent and experience is still there. The East still won't be very good.

Last year's class is looking good so far. As far as this class goes, a Dec-Feb push wouldn't surprise me. I do like what we have on the DL and Chandler.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's also predicted us to lose about 42-14 every week this season

16. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Ahh, one of those predict the worst and if it happens "I told you so" guys.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee has a relatively easy schedule and the east is going to be bad again. 9-3 or 8-4 is probably what we'll get, but then go damn, we probably should have went 10-2 once the season is over and the teams we've played all finish around 8-4 too (exception being Alabama and LSU)

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What is ga tech now?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

3-3

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Exactly. He doesn't strike me as a guy that's content with being a bottom feeder. I'm not sure he'd even be in their top tier of potential hires.