Will UT fans ever learn?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by countvolcula, Feb 13, 2015.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Vol fans run hot and cold. Just as with Dooley. As soon as he said britches they were all in up to the bitter end.

I haven't given up on Butch but I realize he is digging himself into some holes that are going to be hard to climb out of.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama and Auburn pity no coaches, either. You either win or you get ran out of town.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's not a good gameday coach, but if he continues to bring in absurd amounts of talent, he'll win. He's no worse than Jimbo and the FSU staff is far from great. That being said, he's got this year to make huge leaps in the win department or he won't get his chance to catch lightning in a bottle.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If being a true fan means blind loyalty to a coach, any coach, just call me Mr. Negavol. I'll wear the title with pride.

5. JayVols

You really think so?

I don't know. With the folks in power at UT and a fanbase that generally thinks that any coach donning pantone 151 automatically makes them the greatest ever, Butch is here for the next 3-5 years regardless excluding criminal activity. Even then there will be too many clamoring for Butch to get more time.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Justin King is no longer on the team. That leaves us with 2 healthy MLB's this Spring...

I get the impression that King was told to go, to make room for the incoming folks. Just an impression. I know that happens, but I don't really like how often it seems to be happening in offseason number THREE.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Great talent makes up for poor coaching

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

signed, P Fulmer

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

He graduating. Played sparingly

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Regards

Randy Sanders

11. If the talent being brought it can play to their measured in "stars" potential, then all CBJ will have to do is feed them and get them to the field.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it were that simple, Fulmer may still be here

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. This isn't the mid 90's where there were two teams in all the SEC. The west was retched, UGA had Ray Goff, USCjr had Scott, Vandy and KY were Vandy and KY.

Everyone in the SEC has talent now. Gotta get that talent, then have to out coach the other sideline.

14. JayVols

I'm convinced Butch can bring in talent. The next step is what I question.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  15. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I think most UT fans would be happy to be UGA. That is a little bit troubling.

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes. 9 wins are nice, but when you're being picked to win the East, you had better do it. The fans eventually turned on Fulmer, who had a lot more, as he put it, "equity", when the teams failed to live up to standards.

Butch has soundbites.

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Absolutely no (justifiable) reason why this program (w/ it's academics, resources, facilities, ... ) cannot land an elite staff, should not be a perennial Top 10 team, or compete for the East every yr., and compete (in ATL) for a conference title and more every other or three. None. No exceptions.