Women's College World Series Thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, May 29, 2013.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

that freaking dropped popup.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

No one on this planet feels worse than Lauren Gibson right now. The good news is it's still a 3-game series. It doesn't have to be her final memory in a UT uniform. Tomorrow, she has a chance to redeem herself.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Damn, sounds like I need to be watching this shit!

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Yep, you should not only watch girls softball but also switch the sport you are playing. It's a much better fit for your athletic prowess. Watch out, though. There is no way Keilani Ricketts is ever getting tackled by a kicker.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

She would kill any kicker who got in her way.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Woke up to hear they lost in extra innings. Too bad.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Classic Tennessee. Doesn't matter the sport. This is our lot in life.

8. CardinalVol

Someone needs to be fired. I don't care who. Just fire someone associated with the softball program.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Dave Hart?

10. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

tough play with wind and all, but she's gotta catch that. Got handcuffed and her right hand was nowhere near the glove. I don't know what position she played, but that should've been the second baseman's ball I think.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

IIRC first base person had drifted way over into foul territory. I'm not sure it mattered how close her hand was to her glove.

12. Vespid

Vespid Member

I don't fault Gibson at all, the wind was blowing the ball back toward the outfield and sometimes the ball just spins out of your glove. I have had it happen to me and have seen others drop those kind. The lost is squarely on the managers for not taking Ellen out when it was 3-1. Even if we win that game in my opinion we lose the next two because Oklahoma is a superior team. Better hitters and better pitcher.

13. limpleg

Just a tough play. I'd think extending both arms a little may have allowed her to snag it, but who knows. Problem was it got in on her. Seems like the ball hit her glove near her ear and she may have been a little off balance.
    Pitcher shouldve been pulled after they tied it anyway. She was toast in the dugout and being consoled.

14. limpleg

And I thought the game was over with a missed 3rd strike call. The pitch had been a strike all night and was a strike to the next batter. That was prior to the pojp, iirc.

15. CardinalVol

I thought he was a bit inconsistent on that outside pitch all night myself. Definitely looked that that one had been called a strike numerous times.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Blue was afraid to end the game on a punchout, I guess...but if it's a strike in the 1st inning then it should be a strike in the 11th inning.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

well that was fun while it lasted. Our tennis and softball teams can't get over the hump.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Looks like that's that. Can't touch this girl.

20. CardinalVol

Oh well. Nice run.