Word on the Street is Stokes Will Commit to UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 12, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have no inside info on this, but taking a step back and looking at 1) scholarship availability 2) playing time and 3) interest before all this, it makes the most sense he would come here.

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

You still have to consider the "Memphis Factor". Aka, if something makes sense or is rational, citizens of Memphis will do the complete opposite. This is one of the most ass backward cities I've ever seen from the government down to the citizens themselves. It's like a fog of dumbassery over the city.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

OK, sounds promising.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Does it involve naughty coeds?

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

95% of the time, he knows every time.

7. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

This situation has turned bizarre. I can't get into specifics but its become a circus. For all anyone knows he could pick Montana State next week.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Still hearing Tennessee, fry?

9. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Apparently some of the "information" out there was done so for a reason. Therefore, Im not sure what is truth and what is garbage and even those who claim to be "in the know" would not be able to discern this either. Basically, misinformation has been put out so that people dont screw this up for Jarnell before he makes his decision.

As for who he chooses, I personally think its down to UTK and Memphis and might even give a small advantage to UTK at this point for several reasons. Some of them are obivous like playing time available immediately, a struggling team that needs a star, scholly available. Other reasons are more subtle but important but I cant discuss them. It all depends on what Jarnell wants to do.

He is a good kid that did something that he knew would cause people to doubt him. He has character, a good upbringing, and a great work ethic. For any of you who have followed his issue with transferring high schools, it might seem like he is a drama queen but the real story would make you tip your hat to the kid for doing what he did. He wont talk about it publicly and was aware that when he made his decision that he could very easily lose the opportunity to play his senior year of high school ball; but he did it anyway. That should tell you all you need to know about who he is as a person.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Is that the Memphis State version of "I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you" silliness? Maybe OCI's "I'd reveal it, but I'd have to cease communicating with everyone forever" silliness?

We're all good with Stokes and hopefully it's mutual.

11. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

It wasnt intended to be an "I know something you dont know" statement. I happen to know what went down, why i went down, and also why he doesnt want to discuss it openly. Im only respecting he and his families wishes. Trust me, most of it wouldnt make sense to those outside of the Memphis prep bball scene but its not my place to put his personal life on blast. I just dont like the people that think he is some sort of diva causing problems when in fact that couldnt be farther from the truth. He is a good kid and even if he goes to UTK I will support him, I just wont be pulling for his team to win necessarily.

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

From a UK site.

13. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

misinformation? smokescreen?

14. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

UK is not in the picture from what I understand. I dont think they have a scholly available for him. That being said, what makes you think a UK board would be getting insider info on a guy they are not recruiting? Not saying its false but it doesnt make sense.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They are recruiting him, first. And second, we'd have just as much reason to believe him as to believe someone on a Memphis board or any other board. You take the rumors with a grain of salt. The rumors right now suggest Tennessee; that gives me hope, but by no means do I think it's done.

16. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Might be the smartest thing ever posted on a message board.

17. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I take that with a grain of salt

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

When he transferred, he had to know that there was about a 95% chance that he would never play for Southwind.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Is your boy Easterwood still calling Memphis or has he gone silent?

20. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

It was posted on NationofBlue.com by Garrett Tucker. I know nothing about the site or its credibility, just trying to pass along info.