Yes or No.... Does Dooley get it done at UT?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I know several guys inside the football program and many outside of it. The collective thought I get from them is that A. Our program is being ran by the biggest imbecile to ever put on a headset. and B. The youth on the staff didn't think Dooley was going to be the HC at Tennessee long enough for their bananas to turn yellow and they left seeking long term job security.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

we got a good ole fashion e-cred battle a-brewin.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I guess time will tell!

4. GoVols

GoVols Member

Accepting mediocrity should never be an option for this program. Dooley's record with an 8-5 season would be .500 over 3 seasons. Keeping him around for a 4th year would be a waste.

It's time for Tennessee to step out of the dark ages of Hamilton getting our coaches from the bargain bin. We are a $100 million athletic program, it's time to flex our muscle and get a real coach for $4 million a year. The ROI from having a competitive program, filling the stadium, increased merchandise sales would double or triple the investment. Hell, Bama saw a $36 million dollar increase in revenue during Saban's first year.

Fun Fact: The last head coach to win a national championship without working for 2 BCS schools or in the NFL was Jim Tressel, 11 years ago.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  5. Granger44

Granger44 New Member

My first post. I think the Vols come out and hammer NCst 52-17 Bray 4 TD's
    GAst 63-0 Bray 5TD's
    2-0 going into a home game with the gayturs, Dooley wins his first big game 42-17
    Bray to Hunter, Patterson, and Rogers is becoming lethal.
    And from here ole cousin MO can take you a lot of places!

Ya I know im the only person in this thread that actually has a positive outlook toward the upcoming season.
    It seems most of you want the team to lose so you can change the coach

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

First of all, welcome to the board. Secondly, though, you've come to the wrong place if you think "being positive", or "supporting the coach", means a damn thing to any of us. This is not some reaffirming self-esteem site with the Real Vol Fan Police parsing through every post and complaining to moderators any time someone says a less than deferential post about some coach. Those sunshine pumpers post on Volnation and Volquest. This board is populated by Vols fans who will call a shitty coach a shitty coach. No one wants the Vols to lose, but, unlike most Vol boards, we demand a program the stature of UT hires and expects winners as coaches.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would love to feel good about the upcoming season. However, calling Dooley a shitty coach is an understatement based off the evidence we have on him. As a matter of fact, calling him shitty is a slap in the face of every turd on the face of the earth. Want me to be upbeat, positive, happy-happy-joy-joy? Show me some damn results on the field. Until then, I will think Dooley is a horrible coach that couldn't coach rec league.

Edit: Welcome to the board. Post often.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not at all.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think 3-0 to start the season is all that unreasonable, though.

UF is in Neyland, their current QBs were awful last year and their QB guru left for Kansas. Also, they couldn't cover Da'Rick by himself last year. Combine him with Hunter and Patterson and we could really go wild if the OL protects.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Schedule is built for success. There will be a lot of people praising Dooley next season.

11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Agree on the favorable schedule, but if he Doesn't beat FL, GA, AL, or SC, with 9+ wins, the season will not be considered successful. I really hope that he has a great year. I just have no confidence that he will.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope people are.