Dan Mullen [uck fay]ing Sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 30, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That team used to go to the Peach Bowl. Hell, last night should’ve been the Peach Bowl

A-Smith likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m of the belief Mullen is pretty good. I wouldn’t choose him first, but I’d have been pretty pleased with landing him after Curriegate.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

So Mullen played a peach bowl type game and opponent.

No matter how one turns it, he hasn't done anything beyond garner honorable mention votes in polls.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

we would be worse off if we had. he isn't a great recruiter and depends on a QB with quick decision making. who would have that been?

5. cpninja

cpninja Member

I dont know about his X's and O's but the man has a 5 year body of work that is on par with the best Saban has ever produced. It really shouldn't be arguable that's he is a damn good college football coach

I'll hang up and lissen

**TDCVOL** and chavisut like this.
  6. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I think people are saying different because they don't like him. Hat used to say the same shit about James Franklin.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Except that’s not all that you said.

Here’s what you said:
    “Mullen just finished his second season by winning the Orange Bowl. When’s our last Orange Bowl victory ?”

So, here you not only try to prop up your stupid opinion that Mullen is anything more than an entirely average coach, even despite your inability to name a single thing of consequence he’s achieved, but somehow think it extra smart to take a shit at Tennessee, and tangentially Pruitt, in the process.

And that comparison only took an already dumbass take into the realm of this-guy-should-probably-wear-a-helmet.

I’m not looking for an argument, at all, but rather, was pulled into it by the sheer force of your ignorant argument.

You’re like a black hole of stupidity.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Part of it is that I'm not sure Dabo knows more about football X's and O's than Sab. Fortunately for him, there is more than one way to be successful and he can manage the [uck fay] out of a college football program.

Also, [uck fay] James Franklin.

9. Tenacious D

Then he’s not to be taken seriously on any football-related matter.

I can’t name a more overrated coach in the country, over those three.

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I said that kinda jokingly. Didn't come across that way I guess.

As for the rest of your take on me, [uck fay] you.

Tenacious D likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

I think he’s a fine coach. I don’t think he’s anything special with X’s and O’s, but is excellent at hiring those who are and staying out of their way, as he shucks and jives about in his role of lead recruiter, head cheerleader and adjunct FCA small group coordinator.

I don’t think he’s particularly bright, but then, he clearly doesn’t need to be. I give him all the credit in the world for that.

He’s Tommy Bowden with better coordinators. I think that’s plenty good for him, and that program.

justingroves likes this.
  12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I mean, the guy has only lost 2 regular season games in the past 5 years. Two playoff losses for 4 total in 5 years. 69-4 is one of the best 5 year records ever.

While conference plays a factor, that kind of stat is impressive no matter what.

13. Tenacious D

Perfect.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I dunno. Part of being bright is knowing your short comings. He very clearly does, and not only makes the appropriate hires to fill the gaps, but lets those hires do their respective jobs.

I hate him because he's capitalized on our incompetence. Half his team right now should be in a better shade of orange if we didn't have Simple Jack at the helm for so long. I also hate him because people think that the CEO type coach is a great way to go because of him, when he's one of the very few to do it well.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's smart enough to know he's stupid. Clemson gave him an open checkbook and he's used it wisely on assistants.

I do appreciate how he honors committetments. If recruits don't take officials anywhere else, he keeps them, even if they aren't that good. He's got a legitimate family vibe going.

One bad assistant hire in the beginning would have sunk him early on, but he kept it going

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

One bad assisnt nearly did sink him but he fired him. Hell, they were/are friends.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe chavis is just brighter than the rest of us.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

One just beat a team Bama couldn’t handle in year two of a rock bottom rebuild. Another has the longest winning streak in the nation. Seems like a dubious list for most overrated.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s not like I’ve watched a bunch of Fleck’s games, but when I have, they don’t look like Butch 2.0

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He just beat a team from the SEC West. Nothing is less Butch than that.

InVolNerable, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.